Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. The organization provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients in more than 75 countries.
The USAID-funded Tusome Early Grade Reading Activity program is designed to dramatically improve primary literacy outcomes for approximately 7 million Kenyan children in grades 1–3, by enhancing teachers’ capacity to effectively deliver classroom instruction, improving schools’ access to appropriate books and other learning materials, and providing instructional support and supervision through a network of curriculum support officers.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant Eldoret (Short-term)will support the M&E team at the national and regional level. H/She will be responsible for supporting the Monitoring & Evaluation team and local representatives, and more particularly the M&E manager, in the good functioning of the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan. In his/her activities in managing M&E for the program, h/she will ensure accurate and valid data collection processes, overseeing and undertaking data entry, and ensuring that essential and ongoing monitoring data are properly accounted for. The M&E Assistant will also oversee special studies, contribute to study reports, and to regular monitoring reporting. S/he will provide direct assistance to build clients’ capabilities in M&E and act as a trainer of other technical assistance providers as needed.
- The implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan, will be fulfilled through the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Follow and promote timely and correct archiving of the different tools of monitoring through constant contact and collaboration with the regional and departmental actors included in the implementation plan.
- Support the organization and the implementation of the activities of strengthening of the capacities of the actors in collection, management, and control of the quality of the data.
- Participate in sessions and missions of support and control of the quality of data.
- Support the processing back up data (capture, archiving, analysis) with the aid of manual and electronic tools.
- Support the production of periodical M&E standardized reports as well as special reports of analysis as needed.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or a related field with at least three years of experience in monitoring & evaluation;
- Experience in M&E capacity building for individuals and organizations required;
- Previous M&E experience in a donor funded program desired;
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators; designing and conducting small-scale operations research studies; and good working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics required;
- Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude;
- Administrative experience with ability to perform computations preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, work well with others and work independently.
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts.
- Flexible to travel