Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
1. Organizational Background:
ICS- SP is an innovative African NGO that works in rural areas of Africa together with families, communities, and other stakeholders to create safe and nurturing environments for children to reach their full potential. At the very core of our work is Skillful Parenting and Ending Violence against Children. These are embedded in well-targeted economic empowerment and agribusiness programs that aim to improve household income and food security. In our experience, this combined approach leads better chances of sustainably securing the wellbeing of children and their families.
Our goal is for every child to grow up in a safe and nurturing environment so that they can reach their full potential. A goal we aim to achieve by working with parents and caregivers, by strengthening families and communities, and by strengthening and influencing governments, civil society and private sector towards better policies and practices to fulfil children’s rights.
Do you have time, energy and commitment to be involved in an exciting project in ICS SP Africa?
ICS SP is implementing Building strong parent –school engagement: Partnering as one to promote student success in school and throughout life, ‘Malezi Mema Elimu Bora” project in 5 counties. This will involve baseline survey covering 3 counties as follows: Nairobi (Kamukunji sub county), Kiambu (Limuru Sub County) and Machakos (Kangundo sub county). ICS SP therefore seeks to hire 12 Research Assistants to implement data collection activities. This exercise will carried out from May 23rd 2022 to May 31st 2022.
2.1 Position: 12 Research Assistants
2.2 Location: ICS Nairobi –Kenya
2.3 Academic Qualifications:
· University degree in Social Science or any relevant degree
2.4 Required Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
§ At least one-year experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research,
- Experience working with children, youths, parents/caregivers, teachers and community members in rural settings.
§ Good written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili, proficiency in local languages will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (Ms. Office and others)
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research tools/ methods
§ Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, adhere to set priorities standards and deadlines.
2.5 Duties and Responsibilities (Job Description):
- Participate in quantitative and qualitative data collection data cleaning and reporting,
- Write field visit reports and share with the research supervisor,
- Ensure proper utilization of the project resources and properties,
- Attend the training workshop for research assistants
- Pre-test / piloting of the data collection tools
- Upload data collected to the server at the end of each day
- Ensure all data collection tools are complete, and kept secure at all times
- Protect all project equipment and ensure that they are all safe and accounted for
- Participate in de-brief meetings after data collection
- Perform any other duties assigned by research supervisor.
3. Terms of Employment:
Successful candidates will be engaged in short term contract during baseline survey.
4. General Conditions:
· Application letters should be written in English and not exceed one page
· Applicant must submit updated CV not exceed 3 pages
· Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic certificates
· Comply with ICS- SP policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, and other relevant policies and procedures
NOTE: All required documents should be in one zip folder bearing applicant name in full.
How to apply
5. Mode of Application:
Send you application via mail with the job position as a subject.
Apply to: email: email@example.com
ICS- SP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, disability, political opinion, social status, and genetics. Application Deadline
All application will be closed on 13th May, 2022 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted