Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The PROSPECTS partnership is a collaboration of the ILO, UNICEF, UNHCR, IFC and the World Bank, with support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of the Netherlands, which aims to complement humanitarian assistance with a development approach focusing on the nexuses between education (including skills development and training), protection and employment. This is significant given the displacement trends with UNHCR projecting that Kenya is likely to continue to be amongst the top refugee hosting countries in Africa. **
Under the partnership, the ILO intends to increase the number of refugees and host communities’ members with quality education and skills training and help transform the way governments and other stakeholders including the private sector, respond to forced displacement. The ILO interventions will serve to make refugees and members of the host communities more attractive in the labour market, by ensuring that they have skills that are in demand, and that these skills are recognised and certified. By so doing, the project will mitigate their plight during years of exile and best prepare them for their return through socio-economic inclusion and strengthen the resilience of host communities through inclusive socio-economic development.**
This consultancy will provide communications support to the PROSPECTS programme to document the impact of PROSPECTS interventions to refugees and host communities in Turkana County through development of impact stories, photos and videos.
Specific activities under the scope
Under the guidance of the National Communication Officer the Communications Consultant will provide support to PROPSPECT through documentation of its activities.
a. Documentation of PROSPECTS activities
- Writing interesting and compelling human interest and impact stories to be published on ILO’s website
- Creating a database of photos of refugees and host communities during events, trainings and while at their workplace.
- Filming and editing videos of beneficiaries on the impact of PROPECTS interventions. The videos should include good quality sound and b-rolls.
- Provide coverage (photography and videography) during PROSPECTS activities in Turkana County as instructed by the ILO Communications Officer.
b. Strategic communications
- Working with PROPECTS implementing partners and to ensure visibility of PROSPECTS in Turkana County through their available platforms and forums
- Working with PROPECTS implementing partners to ensure branding guidelines on all visibility products are adhered to
c. Social media
- Provide content suitable for social media such as pictures, quotes and videos that can be uploaded on the PROPSCTS’ twitter handle.
- Working with PROSPECTS implementing partners in Turkana County to ensure activities are featured on their social media handles and PROSPECTS’ and the ILO County Office (Dar-es-Salaam) twitter handles are tagged
- Two (2) quality videos to be uploaded on Twitter and YouTube each month (not longer than three mins)
- A minimum of 100 high quality action photos of refugees and host communities during the consultancy period
- Two (2) well written articles on PROSPECTS activities that include quotes from the various stakeholders each month
Duration of consultancy
The consultancy shall run for an initial 6 months with 10 working days per month.
Required skills and experiences
- A college degree or diploma in communications, journalism, marketing, or other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of communications
- Experience working with refugees in Kakuma Camp is required
- Experience in photography and videography is required
- Experience working/interacting with the Turkana County Government and the Turkana Chamber of Commerce is desirable.
- Good knowledge of the organization’s mandate and its activities.
- Good communication skills in writing and editing impact stories
- Ability to develop scripts for videos
- Ability to use camera equipment and basic editing software
How to apply
Interested persons should submit their expression of interest and CVs to E- mail: email@example.com to reach no later than Monday 16th May 2022, Quoting “PROSPECTS: National Communications Consultant_Turkana” in the subject line.