Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Database and System Administrator
Reports To: Assistant Manager – IT & Projects
- The position is responsible for development of databases in the environment in accordance to the set standards to meet business objectives.
- Enabling and implementing database development and implementation processes through the set framework and maintaining data standards.
- Evaluating potential solutions, demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and applies up to date, specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles, and a detailed knowledge of the full range of database architectures, software and facilities available.
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security is adhered to.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Managing the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems.
- Running reports on system performance for the team and wider organisation.
- Ensuring security through access controls and backups and firewalls.
- Continuous assessments of IT and Cyber risks within the IT database and systems ensuring identified risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Ensuring controlled access to DR site by authorised staff member.
- Implementing and monitoring BCP /DR related facilities.
Internal Controls and Compliance
- Implementing various audit recommendations within IT database and systems infrastructure.
- Managing and advising on database and systems related risks and ensuring compliance to IT security policies and procedures.
- Updating the IT environment risk register and risk log on all risks identified on new systems.
Monitoring and Control
- Developing, deploying and maintaining database and systems performance monitoring and reporting systems within the IT environment.
- Ensuring effective, efficient and timely service delivery and support services for databases, BI and related systems.
- Delivering a stable and cost effective service across the entire application architecture.
- Ensuring the smooth running and optimal use of all databases and systems within the organization.
- Ensuring that the right type databases and systems applications are implemented and availed to business users.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or IT related course from a recognized university.
- 4 years relevant experience in MSSQL, MCSD/Oracle, MySQL/Oracle and other databases.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly CLICK HERE to apply online on or before Wednesday, May 11, 2022.