Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & procurement, this role is responsible for providing strategic procurement and supply chain management and leadership, ensuring appropriate systems, procedures and controls are in place and fully implemented as an integral part of all staff responsibilities to support the continued growth of the country programme
Leadership of a team providing all procurement, logistics, warehousing and support to the MSK programme.
- Team planning and objective setting for the department including team mentorship.
- Performance Management of the team to ensure that the team has clear and achievable Objectives, Goals Strategy & Measures (OGSMs).
- Close collaboration with the Line Manager to support strategic development of the department.
- Representation of the department in external and internal meetings
Development, implementation and oversight of all procurement systems and practices
- Ensure MSK procurement policies and procedures comply with MSI global policies and donor regulations
- Continuous improvement of MSK’s systems and procedures
- Supervision of procurement activities to ensure adherence to policies and best practice
- Collaborate with other MSK teams to accurately forecast purchasing demands
- Determine best methods of purchase, utilising new systems technologies as appropriate
- Understand and keep abreast with new procurement trends, report to management and develop corresponding changes in procurement policies and practices
- Negotiate contracts I your department that conform to MSK policies, seek the best package in terms of quality, price, terms, delivery, and value-added services
- Manage suppliers – together with members of PROCOM carry out source audits and develop alternative suppliers’ lists
Development, implementation and oversight of all logistics and assets management
- Development of systems for assets and logistics management
- Monitoring and oversight of MSK assets to ensure assets are well maintained and controlled
- Work with internal teams and suppliers to develop emergency plans for critical supplies/services
- Periodically re-assess supply risks and develop corresponding mitigation plans
- Ensure that our internal systems are regularly updated and comply with MSI quality for medical supplies
- Manage disposal / resale of equipment / items no longer needed
- Research, identify design and implement tools, systems and best practices to achieve continuous improvement goals
- Ensure all stocks are warehoused correctly and that minimum/maximum quantities are appropriate and adhered to
- Develop and maintain a quality supply chain, ensuring that all MSK service points have sufficient supplies at all times
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position at senior management level, with ideally both NGO and private sector
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain management
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related course
- A certified and active member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- A Master’s Degree in Business Course is desirable
- Ability to handle heavy workloads; and meet stringent reporting deadlines
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with supply chain systems
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership and management aptitude as well as leading diverse teams
- Cross-functional team player
- The highest levels of integrity, strong ethical attitude
- Excellent leadership and management aptitude leading diverse teams at a distance.
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of the Marie Stopes as well as behaviours and values as outlined below.
How To Apply:
Suitable and qualified internal candidates should email one document combining an application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th May 2022. The subject of the email should read Procurement & Logistics Manager. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Do not attach certificates and testimonials. Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for fees at any stage of the recruitment process. Successful candidates must abide by MSI’s Antifraud & Bribery Policy and Safeguarding Policy, including protection of children and vulnerable adults. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.