Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Kenya Government Partnership Lead will report to the East Africa Government Relations Senior Manager and work within the Government Relations and Policy department. You will help implement One Acre Fund’s technical services agreement with Kenya’s Ministry of Agriculture’s National Value Chain Support Programme (NVSP). One Acre Fund’s role as the Technical Support Agency (TSA) is to help NVSP:
- Improve agricultural production and marketing through input-subsidized agriculture (fertilizer, lime, certified seed) using the e-voucher input management system, market-linkages and crop insurance.
- Build capacity of relevant staff, farmers, agro-dealers and institutions both at at the county and national levels.
- Strengthen linkages between the National Government, County governments and beneficiary farmers.
- Establish project management structures to oversee execution of the TSA including project dashboards; monitoring and reporting frameworks; information and team management
- Support the scoping and implementation of the four different workstreams under the TSA: extension services advisory; tech support and expansion advisory.
- Develop short-term goals and performance measurement metrics that support project delivery following the project planning
- Lead project development and process improvements within strict timelines and according to specific measures
- Identify potential program risks and areas of non-agreement between teams, and suggest preventative actions
Support the Senior Manager to achieve the purpose of the TSA by developing and tracking the TSA goals, and organizing team resources to achieve these goals through:
- Research: perform targeted quantitative or qualitative research to understand OAF field activities, TSA program implementation, and agricultural best practices across the sector
- Report writing: prepare high-quality briefings, reports, and presentations for all of our audiences, that have a logical flow, easily digestible format, and inform essential strategic decisions using relevant program information
- Strategic analysis: analyze areas through which TSA implementation could be strengthened or improved, and bring clear recommendations for discussions with GR leadership
- Partner Coordination: bring together multiple parties from within One Acre Fund, government at local and national levels, and across the wider agricultural sector, and promote agreement across divergent positions to form clear, applicable recommendations that benefit smallholder farmers under the TSA
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of experience in project management and strategic consulting specifically solving complex, ambiguous problems in a structured and collaborative way (e.g. project managers, management consultants, research managers).
- Comfort with analysis and an ability to use quantitative analysis to create insights and inform recommendations.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience managing multiple partners including donor relationships or government relationships. Experience working with the Kenyan government is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Language competency: English is required. Swahili-speakers encouraged to apply.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
2 year contract
Nairobi, Kenya. 25% travel required
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
30 May 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.