Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Communications Officer – Inclusive Futures
Sightsavers is looking for a Communications Officer – Inclusive Futures, a new role within our expanding team to help Sightsavers communicate further about the life changing work we do on social inclusion and inclusive education.
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract: 12-month fixed term maternity cover contract
Hours: This is a full-time role
The Inclusive Futures initiative aims to improve the lives of people with disabilities in education, healthcare and work – as well as tackling stigma and discrimination – in six countries across Africa and Asia.
About the role
We’re looking for a Communications Officer to help us communicate about the work Inclusive Futures is doing around disability inclusion in Kenya, as well as in Uganda and Tanzania.
You will coordinate our communications on the Global Labor Program – Inclusive Futures (GLP-IF) in Kenya. This is a five-year, $6 million programme working to embed inclusion in the supply and distribution chains of two major drinks brands. You will be responsible for coordinating communications with the eight consortium partners, two corporate companies, and additional supporting organisations on the programme, as well as meeting the requirements of the programme’s donor, USAID.
You will also support Inclusive Futures communications around the Disability Inclusive Development programme’s work in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. This six-year flagship UK aid-funded programme is testing new ways of embedding disability inclusion into international development. Pilots in education, poverty eradication and livelihoods are reaping great results and we need to find compelling ways to communicating about them, ensuring people with disabilities are central to our work.
Key duties will include:
- Developing communications, stories and content to meet the programmes’ communications objectives
- Working with the Regional Stories Lead to gather stories from our partners about our work
- Acting as the main point of contact for consortium partners communications
- Working closely with the programme management team to identify communications and story opportunities and provide communications support
- Working with the Communications Manager and Content and Stories Team to develop content for key moments
- Providing case studies
- Supporting the GLP-IF consortium
- Stakeholder management, systems and processes
We are looking for a tenacious Communications Officer to support the team in delivering its communications’ strategy by creating impactful content and communications that will raise the importance of inclusion amongst our target audiences.
This is an ideal opportunity to further develop your experience and career in communications. To succeed in this role, you will need the following essential experience:
- Experience of working in a communications role or department
- Significant related work experience/ strong demonstrable commitment to communications or a relevant degree
- Experience of identifying communications opportunities
- Experience of gathering and developing content and stories
- The ability to write clear, strategic and engaging copy for a range of channels and audiences.
The following experience would be beneficial within this role:
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities – ideally gained within international development or policy
- Experience of working across a range of communications channels (digital and traditional)
- Demonstrable experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders to coordinate and deliver communications or projects
This is a varied role and further details can be found in the job description
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. Please note that this role will be based in the Sightsavers offices in Nairobi.
Closing Date: 22 May 2022
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place on 6 June 2022 and the evaluation process will include a pre-interview written task.