Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Credit Control Associate – (2200001I)
- Perform monthly reconciliations for all debtor balances between the Line of Business systems and ERP.
- Prepare an aging analysis as part of the credit control report to intermediaries.
- Collect all outstanding debt from intermediaries and/or customers within the credit control policy.
- Circulate debtor statements to intermediaries and engage with the Sales team on collection pipelines.
- Prepare demand letters for issuance to intermediaries and/or clients
- Perform regular visits to intermediaries and clients for statement reconciliation and collection of outstanding premiums.
- Allocate all premiums received within 2 days from date of receipt.
- Advise underwriters to debit or intermediaries to share allocation schedules and engage with cashiers for prompt receipting.
- Generate accurate intermediary statements. Analyze and reconcile all intermediary statements and circulate on a monthly basis to all stakeholders to facilitate collection.
- Ensure prompt and accurate payment of commissions to intermediaries.
- Create and post commission payment vouchers in Line of Business systems and allocate to the respective intermediary statements.
- Ensure timely resolution of all intermediary queries. Manage an issues tracker, updated daily with all issues raised.
- Timely processing and payment of premium refunds, Risk management fees, Loyalty, and incentives to Fas/IFAs and Sales Team
Key Performance Measures
- As described in your Personal scorecard
Knowledge, experience, and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- CPA(K) or other similarly recognized accounting profession qualification
- 2-3 years of accounting experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of ERP AP system and/or experience in using Oracle Financials would be an advantage
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies)
- Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimize output and profitability against time, cost and team targets;
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation;
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated;
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate;
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture;
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimize operational effectiveness;
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making;
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff;
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organizational impact;
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management;
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering;
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness;
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
- Improve service delivery for clients;
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.
Emerging Leaders Competency Descriptions.
- Presenting and Communicating Information – Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information, and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; response quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People – Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-acitvely shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values – Upholds and encourages ethical behavior and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during every day interactions.
- Analyzing – Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system / process / problem.
- Planning and Organizing – Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Deciding and Initiating Action – Takes responsibility for own, as well as subordinates’ actions and projects; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; introduces improvements into work processes; handles problems with minimal guidance.
- Leading and Supervising – Provides subordinates with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; provides subordinates with the relevant coaching; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; identifies high potential talent; sets and articulates the departmental vision and values through own personal behavior; sets appropriate standards of behavior.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts – Works strategically to realize personal goals; understands and effectively communicates the departmental strategy; translates the departmental strategy and vision into operational responsibilities; takes into consideration departmental strategy during all tasks; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to current role.
- Applying Expertise and Technology – Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
- Following Instructions and Procedures – Challenges authority only when appropriate; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organization; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adapting and Responding to change – Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of insurance products
- Sales and marketing management skills
Unposting Date: 20-05-2022