Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DURATION: FIXED TERM 6 MONTHS
Act Change Transform (Act!) is a local Non-Governmental Organization whose mission is to facilitate the empowerment of marginalized people and communities in Kenya and neighboring countries, to become active participants in their development by enabling them to: stand up for their rights; demand good governance in the management of resources; and participate in decision making processes. Act! does this through implementing partners, offering them capacity development, management of grants so that value for money is achieved and providing strategic leadership in national advocacy for the benefit of women, youth, people with disabilities and other marginalized communities.
The Temporary Driver will be based at Act!’s Mombasa Office and will primarily be responsible for the provision of driving within all corners of the Coastal Region or any other in Kenya as assigned. They may also offer other related logistical support services for specific Act! Programs and all staff as shall be required from time to time.
- Ensuring vehicle is well inspected and cleaned before the start of each journey to ensure safety of Act! staff.
- Ensuring that before long journeys the vehicle has the required security, towing, digging and rescue equipment according to the policy provisions.
- Ensuring full understand and observance of Act! security policy procedures and protocols.
- Ensuring that all official log books, service and maintenance books are kept in good order at all times.
- Ensuring that the vehicle (s) are used for official business only and to resist attempts by any party to use Act! vehicle(s) for personal or unofficial use.
- Ensure timely reporting of any accidents according to traffic laws and Act! policies.
- To undertake any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
Vehicle care and maintenance:
- Ensure that the vehicle (s) is properly and reliably serviced and maintained to the required standard to ensure safety of staff and implementation of program activities.
- Liaising with the Administration Officer on any major repairs needed and obtaining all relevant clearance and authorization before any major repair work are undertaken.
Observance of Traffic regulations
- Ensuring full observance and compliance with all traffic regulations plus Act! policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all journeys made across the boarders have all the required security clearance from the relevant authorities before commencement.
- Preventing the carrying of any dubious cargo which may bring Act! into conflict with relevant authorities e.g. the smuggling/transport of contraband items etc.
- Ensuring that you possess the necessary personal documentation as required under the Traffic laws of Kenya and other countries where we operate while ensuring that such documents are renewed as and when appropriate.
- Ensuring that Act! vehicle (s) used is fully insured as appropriate for all countries it may travel through or work in.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
Holder of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education.
- Holder of a clean and valid driving license.
- Defensive driving skills will be an added advantage.
- Basic First Aid Training skills will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of mechanics will also be an added advantage.
Indicative level of Experience
At least 5 years of proven driving experience in a busy environment within the Coastal Region and its environs.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills as well as be able to work in a team.
- Ability to drive long distance.
- Must be culturally sensitive.
- Must have the ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs and maintenance of duty records.
- Basic working knowledge of working with computers.
Complexity and difficulty of the work
A demanding job that requires tolerance, community knowledge and local political dynamics within the region.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements as contained in the position description, please submit (1) a detailed and current CV; (2) an Application Cover Letter demonstrating why you qualify for the position, quoting your current/last gross salary and three referees including their most current contact details. All applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com quoting the reference number (ACT/DR/15/2022) and position on the e-mail subject line. Only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Persons from the coastal region are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: Interviews will take place on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified but not later than 13th May, 2022.
Act! is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance to corruption.