Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Academy of Sciences (AAS) is a non-aligned, non-political, not-for-profit pan African organisation headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, whose vision is to see transformed lives on the African continent through science. Our tripartite mandate is recognising excellence through the AAS’s highly prestigious fellowship and award schemes, providing advisory and think tank functions for shaping Africa’s Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) strategies and policies and implementing key STI programmes addressing Africa’s developmental challenges. The current strategy for the AAS focuses on five strategic focus areas: Environment and climate change, health and wellbeing, natural sciences, policy and governance and social sciences and humanities. The AAS’s mission is to leverage resources through excellence and thought leadership for sustainable development.
AAS seeks a Human Resources & Operations Associate to join the HR & Operations department, the team responsible for people management at the AAS. He/She will assist with employee welfare, handling staffing including employee integration as well as separation and other operational issues within the AAS.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide clerical and administrative (operational) support to AAS employees
- Compiling and updating employee records (hard and soft copies)
- He/She will act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions.
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Uploading the (HRIS) data for accuracy and updating it from personnel files for completeness and accuracy ensuring employee database is updated
- Collate required competency, experience and individual staff qualifications from the personnel files.
- Reorganizing the staff files as directed and retagging in a retrievable manner.
- Assist in scanning of the personnel documents that will be used in the document management system (DMS) currently being implemented by ICT
- Updating the staff files with all the DocuSign Documents and Other Documents.
- Updating the AAS staff Master List to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Updating the AAS Master Leave Register ensuring accuracy.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you.
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Management/Administration with a bias in Human Resources or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an HR assistant (essential).
- Exposure to Employment law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
The successful candidate will be engaged full time (40 hours/week) for a period of 6 months working at the AAS offices in Nairobi, Kenya. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application and include: one-page cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘HR & Operations Associate by 13 May 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Website: www.aasciences.africa