Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager, the Banquets Manager is responsible for the fulfilling the client experience in our Hotel. The Banquets Manager will oversee a large team of talented individuals and will be responsible for managing and supervising Banquet events and employees.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- All areas of guest service and core standards
- Daily supervision, coordination and direction of all colleagues in the Banquet.
- Ensuring all functions maintain a first class and positive visual impact; including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness, décor and service flows.
- Maintaining high staff morale and team spirit within the Banquet Department.
- Leading and coaching all colleagues and leaders in the banquet services department
- Overall recruiting, staffing and scheduling ensuring adequate staffing levels to satisfy guest needs.
- Create and implement colleague-training initiatives
- Implementing meeting and conference service standards.
- Creating and implementing a preventative cleaning and maintenance program of all banqueting areas & equipment.
- Creating and implementing new processes and procedures to drive the department forward
- The overall financial success of the department, including day-to-day payroll control, planning yearly capital improvements and exercising control of fixed and variable expenses.
- Partner with Meetings and Events partners, along with various Meeting Planners to produce positive Voice of the Guest scores.
- Adhere to all budget guidelines that are established for each event.
- Work together with the Culinary & Stewarding team to ensure that all food service exceeds guest expectations and to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture.
- Work with the Stewarding team to ensure that all equipment needs are met and all equipment is properly maintained.
- Finding creative solutions and proactively solving problems in order to meet a demanding client base.
- Creation and implementation of guest preference programs.
- Actively involved on a day-to-day basis with creative buffet décor and establishing new ideas.
- Work with the Incentives, Conventions and Events Department in order to ensure that revenues and guest satisfaction levels are maximized.
- Maintain high level of professional appearance, demeanor and image of self / hotel
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience as a Banquets Leader within a 5 star hotel/resort
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including holidays, weekends, mornings, afternoons and evenings.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary.
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills.
- Must exhibit command and presence on the floor
- Must have exceptional working relationships with Culinary, Stewarding, Event Services etc.
- Goal and results oriented.
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Wine & spirits knowledge and an understanding of Banquet Beverage is preferred
How To Apply