Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To provide medical advice and services to the Hotel’s colleagues and guests as required to ensure their health, safety and well-being.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing?
- Attend to colleagues and guests in the clinic
- Liaise and refer colleagues and Guests to the company Doctor on complicated matters.
- Make progressive follow up to those admitted in hospital & report.
- Organize the food handler’s tests and submit the reports on them as required
- Be aware of management approved medical providers, refer colleagues to the same and communicate changes if any.
- Act as the custodian of all medical information regarding colleagues’ i.e individual colleague medical expenditure, insurance information, approved hospital providers, approved doctors.
- Work closely with the HR office for co-ordination of pre-employment checks
- Ensure induction of new colleague on sexually transmitted diseases, HIV/Aids, prevention counseling.
- Participate and initiate canteen menu reviews- to ensure colleagues get adequate food servings for a proper balanced diet and liaising with HR and the canteen chef on this.
- Plan for health talks once every quarter and if not possible to get a doctor, organize to present a talk to colleagues on health, safety & general wellness.
- Organize with local medical providers for medical check up to colleagues on competitive prices.
- Ensure to maintain adequate stock
- Ensure to check on a regular basis the first aid boxes in each department and ensure they are replenished.
- Be an agent for behavioral change among colleagues by acting as a peer educator/ counselor
- Train peer counselors, and educators to be agents of change in their respective departments
- Participate in the identification of departmental peer counselors and workplace wellness champions
- Come up with creative ideas and messages to colleagues to encourage exercising and keeping fit.
- Organize monthly group therapies for colleagues who want to share experiences in their circles
- Follow up with HR to ensure that wellness programs are provided for in the annual budget
- Submitting monthly reports on monthly basis i.e. incidents/accidents report, sick offs analysis, medical expenditure
- Liaising with HR officer on colleagues’ claims on medical expenses
- Visiting and making contacts with all hospitals and doctors that we partner with for easier future follow up
- Visit colleagues admitted in hospital and give a continuous report on their progress
- Be in charge of colleagues notice boards, ensure information posted here is well organized and updated
- Ensure drug purchase are in line with the budget and ensure the clinic does not run out stock for the necessary drugs and other items
- Ensuring all invoices for colleagues treatment are checked and countersigned before forwarding to Accounts
- Keeping proper records of medical expenses
- Participate actively in any forecast or budgeting exercise relevant to Colleagues area
Material Responsibility Duties
- Effectively manage and control of assets
- Ensure faults and equipment not working properly are immediately reported.
Human Resources Duties
- Ensure to follow weekly roster (timetable)
- Ensure that all Human resources policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that Lieu Days and Holiday are taken in a timely manner
- Actively participate in any action plan relative to the colleague’s welfare and ensure that any points relevant to colleagues and guest are followed up.
- Ensure to record Days off/Sick days
- Organize HIV/AIDS and other health talks and look for relevant materials to be posted on colleagues notice boards
- Organize trainings on any issues arising such as food poisoning, viral infection, Malaria on a regular basis
- Ensure all training records are duly completed
- Ensure training plans are done for all direct reports but also for any colleague working directly or in directly under your responsibility.
- Attend Food training in order to be able to do audits in all F & B outlets
Health & Safety
- Provide and ensure staff and colleagues work and reside in a safe environment.
- Attend all Health & Safety training periodically scheduled
- Participate in Health and Safety meetings
- Be fully aware of Fire, Evacuation and bomb threat procedures, follow them and ensure the same are followed by all colleagues
- Maintain the accident/incidents records
Food Hygiene Responsibilities
- Ensure all food safety measures are taken and followed in the production and food service
- Conducts monthly hygiene checks together with colleagues Restaurant Supervisor and Colleagues Head cook
- Be fully aware of Hygiene standards as per FHR and local policies and procedures
- Adhere to all environmental practices and initiates as per FHR and local standards
Your experience and skills include
- Previous experience as a Hotel Nurse or a locum
- College Certificate/Diploma in a related discipline
- Self-confident, creative and proactive, able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Qualified &Registered nurse of Kenya
How To Apply