Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who are we:
Maersk offers exciting career opportunities in a truly international working environment. When you join Maersk, the world becomes your workplace. A career at Maersk means working in a culturally diverse, high-spirited and performance stimulating environment where everything we do is centered around our customers. You’ll be part of a rich heritage and an ambitious logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work. You will feel the diversity and dynamics of our international business from day one. We commit to providing the best possible development and career growth to all our employees. At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job.
We are looking for an Area Customer Experience Manager which is a senior level position that is responsible for delivering customer outcomes through an efficient & effective organization. The role takes full responsibility for cost ownership & vendor management, for delivering a superior customer experience, for SCM, Ocean, intermodal, CHB and LCL activities in the Eastern Africa Area. The role is also responsible for building a high performing team and driving business activities including new business implementation, driving continuous improvement across the Area and handling execution activities.
This role reports directly into the Eastern Africa Area MD.
A highly visible commercial position where you will demonstrate leadership capabilities, industry and market knowledge as well as commercial expertise, and where you will develop and lead the organization to further success.
An engaging and rewarding role as you will lead, coach and develop a very large team of engaged and professional colleagues.
Drive Customer Experience functional outcomes
- Ensure Area CX drives proactive customer support and issue resolution for a seamless customer experience in cross-functional teams, and across all products in scope
- Ensure execution of customer needs on physical product delivery, incl. issue resolution towards the customer
- Mobilize stakeholders, including vendors and across functions, to take necessary actions to improve CX according to strategy.
- Develop network for unique intermodal set ups via rail heads or supplier collaboration, JVs etc. in the Area
- Responsible for development and delivery of daughter countries
Develop and sustain a capable CX organization
- Build team with strong knowledge of local products and services, and with mixed competencies (functional and commercial), who can timely and cost efficiently deliver on all products
- Ensure Area CX teams are trained in accordance with global standards, and individual customer service approaches differ with customer segment focus (i.e. Super Saver vs. Ambition)
- Ensure tools, applications and recommended processes are used within the team
- Area CX teams are coached and supported to enable their development
- Manage performance and ensure targets are met
- Accountable to own, create, maintain and test a business continuity plan for critical customer processes in Ocean and L&S. Orchestrate all local functions towards delivering customer critical services in the event of an incident
Drive Cost to Serve
- Ensure Area CX teams contribute with revenue assurance/cost efficiency/growth within its area of influence
- Ensure we maintain an efficient team across Area and GSC
- Ensure customer feedback is provided to Regional KCMs/Program Managers for business development purpose
- Define Area intermodal and LCL execution plan, business planning, provide inputs for procurement and input where required for budget planning
- Build on strategic priorities
- Develop network for unique intermodal set-ups via rail heads or supplier collaboration JV etc. in the Area
Skills and Competencies required:
- A University degree in a relevant field.
- 10 years’ relevant general management experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in using data to drive business results.
- Strong commercial mindset and networking skills.
- Capability to operate successfully in a complex environment with dependencies outside Area and function
- Strong knowledge of local logistics operations and infrastructure, competition and systems
- Capability to influence peers and stakeholders outside CX
- Knowledge and relationships with key local stakeholders
- Strong prioritization and delegation skills
- Visionary on the lookout for unique opportunities to improve service delivery to our clients
- Capable to build a strong narrative to inspire and define goals for CX teams
- Proven ability to interact with senior management of various stakeholders including key government bodies
- Inspirational and ambitious leader with a high level of energy
- Have the ability to lead and coach teams in an engaging and motivating environment
- Proven ability to work as a change agent and challenge the status quo
- Strong Problem-solving mindset