Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Engineer – Fixed Solutions Architecture & Optimization – (22000218)
We are pleased to announce the following Position within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Fixed Solutions: Architecture & Optimization the position holder will be responsible for crafting the network architecture, planning, installation & automation of Fixed Solutions services & infrastructure including FTTH and fixed wireless access to provide a cost-efficient, scalable and resilient network that aligns with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Work with fiber planning teams on multiservice access node (OLT) planning in the network to maximize coverage and minimize exposure to physical & logical faults.
- Install, configure, upgrade & commission service access nodes for FTTH services.
- Design plan & implement broadband gateway nodes for Fixed services.
- Assist support teams with root cause analysis of persistent problems affecting residential Fixed service experience and recommend network optimizations to fix the problems.
- Design & implement automation journeys for Fixed solutions repetitive tasks and service activation, modification, and de-activation processes.
- Forecast Fixed services traffic & subscriber trends and plan for capacity, licensing, and optimizations to ensure service availability and resiliency while optimizing costs.
- Enhance Fixed solutions reporting & analytics capabilities for key network & customer service KPIs.
- Ensure up to date documentation of all projects implemented.
- Continuously evaluate and propose relevant emerging network technologies and solutions that improve customer experience or add features, services, and functionality.
- Carry out trials, proofs of concept & sourcing initiatives for Fixed services infrastructure, solutions, new technologies and services.
- Carry out regular vendor & supplier engagement on performance, existing and new solution offerings.
- Work with commercial teams and offer technical expertise on new & existing service offerings to align network design with organizational goals.
- Work with other technology teams to ensure Fixed Solutions services are well planned, maintained & optimized.
Professional / Technical qualifications
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication Engineering, IT or related field.
- Work Experience of at least 3 years with specialized role in a busy telecommunications / Service provider environment –Involved in network planning, automation or support, implementation & commissioning.
- Knowledge of Passive Optical Network architecture, design, infrastructure and operations.
- End to end broad knowledge of 4G and 5G fixed wireless access networks
- Capability to draft and evaluate technical requirement specifications and requests for proposals.
- Capability to design, integrate, test and validate technology features and functionality through lab set-ups and proofs of concept.
- Capability to do network capacity planning, projections and forecasting.
- Capability to initiate and take technical lead and ownership on projects from conceptualization to implementation
- Capability to design future proofed service provider networks for scale & resilience
- Capability to do deep analysis of repeated fixed network problems driving customer demand and recommend optimizations to improve customer experience.
- Experience with designing and implementing networks using common routing protocols including IS-IS, BGP and OSPF as well as layer 2 & layer 3 VPNs
- Experience installing and commissioning metro switches, Optical Line Terminals, Multi-Service Access Nodes, access routers and broadband network gateways.
- Aptitude to understand call flows, do protocol analysis, packet capture and traffic inspection
- Familiarity with aspects of network automation for purposes of service provisioning, data collection and reporting.
- Vendor and internal stakeholder management and collaboration capability
- Keen interest on emerging broadband trends, standards and technologies.
- An overall end-to-end approach to fixed solutions with a focus on network evolution to improve customers’ experience.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume