IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Digital Learning Management Specialist, Nairobi, Kenya – Job Reference: DLMS/PID/05/2022
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. Under its current strategy, AGRA continues to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
Seed systems in sub-Saharan Africa are frequently poorly aligned with best practices and thus unable to serve African farmers effectively. A key reason for the poor alignment is lack of knowledge and capacity among key individuals from both public and private sectors responsible for implementing various activities within national seed systems. AGRA is working to address this challenge through the establishment of its new Center of Excellence for Seed Systems in Africa (CESSA). A foundational cornerstone of CESSA is the Seed Systems Assessment Tool (SeedSAT), which is a newly rolled-out approach for analyzing seed systems at a holistic level. Early results from SeedSAT assessments are establishing that a key flagship program within CESSA will need to be Capacity Building and Technical Support.
To support the successful delivery of this assignment, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Digital Learning Management Specialist.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
At AGRA we believe Agriculture is the single greatest opportunity to deliver inclusive economic growth, jobs, and health to the African continent. An alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent combined with an inclusive and diverse workforce from 24 nationalities. Our values of (I-RISE; Integrity, Respect, Innovation, Stewardship and Equity.) espouse our commitment to a call to action to go beyond ourselves as we arise and transform Africa’s Agriculture.
When you join us, we present you with intellectually stimulating assignments and structured career advancement with 30% of open roles being filled internally through promotions and transfers, and a Leadership commitment for this ratio to increase. This is after setting you up for success with a World Class Onboarding for new hires where a bespoke induction trains on all aspects of the role that you will need to succeed. You will gain a full understanding of our lofty ambitions to transform African agriculture, and how you can contribute to an amazing employee experience.
An attractive remuneration package benchmarked at the 67Th Percentile of the Market with fabulous benefits such as pension, medical cover, life assurance and provision of tools of trade that allow you to work productively anywhere; which are commensurate with this position’s responsibility, scope and impact.
We are looking for people who are passionate about Africa, curious and collaborative to join our innovative, growing, and multidisciplinary team.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visitwww.agra.org
This position is with AGRA’s CESSA and reports to the Head of Seed Systems. The individual in this position will be responsible for understanding, prioritizing, designing, and overseeing the implementation with key partners of, CESSA’s digital learning initiatives. This is a unique opportunity for AGRA in capacity building for Africa’s seed systems; there is currently no other initiative like this operating in Africa. This position is therefore expected to be transformative and highly results-oriented with respect to developing training courses and ensuring their delivery to the right students/practitioners.
A critical element of this role is selecting and managing the partners and learning management system platform through which CESSA will work to design, house, and deliver digital training. A further critical element entails validating student results of training, most likely through identify-verified, in-person testing. Digital training may also be combined with selected elements of field and/or laboratory work, although primary emphasis will be on digital delivery whenever possible.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with SeedSAT assessment results and AGRA seed sector Thematic Area leaders to identify and prioritize key training needs that can be delivered through digital training methods and courses, including the development of a strong understanding of the adult learning needs and modalities of the target students.
- Conduct a rapid study of best practices in adult digital learning to underpin the effective design of CESSA’s digital training initiative.
- Working with the broader CESSA and AGRA team, recommend and select the key partners for AGRA for CESSA’s digital learning initiative, including the learning management system to be used, the manager of the learning management system, and content/course developers for various thematic areas/courses.
- Establish a three-year workplan for designing and delivering the prioritized courses, to include: the list of courses to be designed; the objectives and goals of each course; the delivery modality of each course (e.g., digital only, hybrid, sporadic versus constant delivery, etc.); the targeted impact on farmers of improving capacity in the system; and the anticipated number of students/practitioners reached. A key initiative should include rapidly initiating at least one digital course so that practical implementation lessons can start to flow and inform subsequent work.
- Contract the selected partners to develop and deliver the training courses, oversee contractor implementation, liaise with the CESSA team to ensure continuous relevance of design and implementation efforts.
- Working with CESSA thematic area leads, ensure the completeness and accuracy of all course content material.
- Work to enable scaling of selected digital courses, across countries, languages, and crops.
- Lead a collaborative, energetic CESSA and partner community of practice to ensure continuous improvement and strong delivery of the CESSA digital training courses.
- Develop a clear, easily communicated, tracking mechanism for the status of workplan implementation.
- Work closely with CESSA M&E to track the results and impact of CESSA’s digital training initiative.
- As requested, prepare relevant materials required for AGRA updates, budgeting, communications, strategic planning, and other relevant purposes.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in adult learning, with minimum 7 years of experience in digital delivery mechanisms.
- Educational requirements: minimum of a Masters degree in an education-related field, preferable adult education and/or digital education.
- Working knowledge of digital learning management systems and their strengths/weaknesses.
- Ability to evaluate, select, and manage partners for both digital delivery and technical content delivery.
- Experience delivering technical/scientific digital training content, preferably in agriculture; working knowledge of seed systems is a positive, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – fluency in English is a must.
- Fluency in French is desired but not required.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this position’s responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org noting to quote the job reference number in the subject of your email)
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 25th May,2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer