Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Regional Recruiter is primarily responsible for working with EARO country programs on the identification, screening, interviewing and referral of candidates for potential employment with Catholic Relief Services. Working in partnership with proposal and/or country teams, he/she provides guidance on sourcing techniques, recruitment, hiring and tracking of all ongoing recruitment. The Regional Recruiter is responsible for developing and maintaining a large network of current and potential candidates for key positions and for working collaboratively with other specialists, ensuring CRS can identify and secure high performing / high potential staff in alignment with agency Respect, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (REDI) action priorities.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development, planning, and implementation of recruiting activities designed to enhance CRS’ ability to attract and retain qualified international and local candidates.
- Develop and maintain network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Work closely with the Global Sourcer to grow the CRS Talent Pool of qualified Key Personnel for proposals/RFPs/grants.
- Participate in capture planning and proposal development teams, ensuring that staffing and management strategies are realistic and reflective of the existing talent pool.
- Source, screen and refer external and internal candidates for interviews with a focus on providing a diverse candidate slate.
- Conduct reference checks, communicate salaries, benefits and allowances within proposal budget and donor regulations
- Manage the timely collection, verification and editing of proposal submission materials including CVs, biographical data forms and letters of commitment to ensure donor compliance.
- Perform and promote all activities in compliance with local employment laws
- Seek, establish, and maintain relationships with organizations with the goal of recruiting diverse and highly qualified staff
- Develop country program capacity to attract and retain highly qualified candidates, consistent with agency REDI objectives.
- Deploy to country programs to assist in recruitment and staff orientations when needed
- Work closed with CP HRMs to ensure CRS recruitment policies and guidelines are well understood and implemented
- Maintain up to date EARO recruitment tracking records. As needed provide support on analytical reports on recruitment and selection related data, metrics and trends on a regular basis to support in decision-making, workforce planning and development.
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions:
- Based in an EARO country (Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, or Uganda), reporting to the regional office in Nairobi.
- Willing to travel up to 35% of the time to support country program recruitment (for example new program start-up, emergency response, etc).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (SKAs):
- Ability to effectively develop a large and diverse network of relationships
- Organized and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Passionate about developing relationships and talent networks
- Ability to deliver high levels of customer service and support
- Knowledge ATS. Oracle Recruitment Cloud (ORC) or Taleo preferred
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/Business or related field
- Minimum of five years recruitment experience
- Established network of contacts within the non-profit sector
- Experience in recruiting key personnel for grants and contracts in an International NGO environment
- Working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations pertaining to RFA and RFP solicitations
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer:
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: East Africa
Job: Human Resources
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Job Type: Full-time Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: May 11, 2022, 8:39:14 AM