Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: MONITORING AND EVALUATION (M&E) OFFICER
Established in 1915 with Helen Keller as a founding trustee, Helen Keller International works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, Helen Keller Intl currently offers programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States. The organization combats the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research.
In Kenya Helen Keller collaborates with the Ministry of Health in implementing health and nutrition projects that focus on strengthening health system and provision of vitamin A and deworming treatment to children 6-5 years in various counties.
Scope of Work: Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer
Helen Keller International seeks to fill the position of Monitoring, and Evaluation officer to provide support in M&E processes. The position will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to the field. The holder of this position will report to the MEAL Manager. The officer will be responsible for liaising with the program managers and officers on the Monitoring and Evaluation activities to ensure the field teams are fully supported. The officer will contribute to the Monitoring, and Evaluation officer processes, reporting, conduct data quality assessments, facilitate data utilization, transfer of M&E knowledge and skills. Additionally, the officer will assist in conducting surveys and assessments, on all areas related to data and nutrition and health information, and reporting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Project design: Contribute to the development various monitoring and evaluation frameworks for both existing and new projects.
· Manage MEL processes: Conduct and oversee data collection efforts to align with the overall Project Monitoring Framework.
· Coordination: Coordination with MEAL Manager to report data from field and support in the development of tools required for data collection and verification.
· Quality of data: Conduct data quality assessments at the field in collaboration with the project managers and officers to verify the data submitted and ensure that the data reflects the reality on the ground.
· Facilitate utilization of data: Ensure that the data collected is presented well for utilization, accountability, and regular reporting to all stakeholders. The Monitoring, and Evaluation officer officer will also coordinate dissemination of information and learning based on agreed data use and sharing plan for the project.
· Coach or transfer knowledge and skills: Support Project staff in understanding the required MEAL indicators for both internal reporting and donor reporting.
· Knowledge management: Coordinate collaborative learning within the project and with the county, work with the teams to document and share learning, and prepare technical briefs and case studies.
· County Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer Coordination: Work closely with the program officers, to ensure coherence in the project data and county data and support in planning for and holding regular review meetings to assess the progress against the set targets, and provide recommendations.
· Assist in undertaking research and assessments.
· Represent Helen Keller at national and/or county level coordination forums
· Assist with any other duty assigned
Key Skills and competences required
· Project Understanding: Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer officer must understand key terminologies in project implementation i.e., project results framework, indicators, project design and general donor reporting requirements
· People Skills: The Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer officer should have good communication skills and have experience in explaining project results framework and MEAL approach.
· Analytical Skills: The M&E officer should be able to translate data to information that links to project goals, highlight trends and problems identified from the data and demonstrate results/achievements.
· Data management and analysis software: The Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer officer should have strong analytical skills in STATA, SPSS, ENA for SMART, EPI infor, SQUEAC.
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods/ approaches in public health fields
Knowledge in computer applications Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
Required qualifications and experience:**
· Strong background in public health, statistics or nutrition with a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer.
· Strong experience in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data in the public health sector
· Knowledge of evaluation methodologies e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed methods
· Experience in planning and managing surveys
· Experience in data quality assessments and oversight with excellent attention to detail
· Experience training or coaching others in MEAL -related topics
· Experience working on nutrition programs.
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position on the subject line of the email.
NB: HELEN KELLER INTERNATIONAL
• DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH A RECRUITMENT AGENCY;
• DOES NOT CHARGE ANY FEES OF ANY KIND TO THE CANDIDATE;
• DOES NOT REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT CANDIDATES’ BANK ACCOUNTS;
ALL RECRUITMENTS ARE FREE OF CHARGE
Equal Opportunity Employer
· Helen Keller is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
· We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individual with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above.**