Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req27515
Job Title: HR System Analyst II
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, IHUB, Kenya
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
We are looking for a full-time HRIS Analyst II who will enhance and maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) platforms used by our Global HR team. The primary focus for this role will be supporting the Workday system. The successful candidate will also need to support Cornerstone (ATS) and integrations to downstream systems (benefits, payroll (ADP), internal IRC systems & third-party vendors. The Analyst will work with other HRIS Analysts, HR management, IT colleagues and other IRC internal groups to improve processes and procedures for maintenance of HRIS systems.
This position requires solid organizational and analytical skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail. Strong proficiency in Human Resources Information System (Workday preferred) and MS Office, especially Excel and database management (i.e; MS-Access), is required.
· Act as subject matter expert for the HRIS system and serve as an escalation point for end-users who are experiencing difficulties in one of the following HR functional areas:
· Core HR, Benefits, Compensation, Security, or Talent Management (required)
· Absence Management, Payroll Integration (plus)
· Assume ownership of the functional design documentation process for HR functional area, leveraging existing business processes, systems configuration set-up, applicable Integrations between Workday, third party vendors and internal IRC applications.
· Gather requirements from HR and non-HR stakeholders
· Mapping of data elements (as needed)
· Liaise with PM teams from HR/IT/Finance
· Test and document any modifications for the functional areas
· Assume ownership of end-to-end incident resolution that may involve multiple departments
· Support Workday and Cornerstone upgrades for HR functions, by ensuring Integrations, Business Processes, configurations set-up, security are tested thoroughly.
· Collaborate with HRIS colleagues to proactively, identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency within the IRC’s current Workday usage, including cross-functional considerations
· Produce canned and customized reports from Workday and Cornerstone
· Update training materials & train new users on Workday
· Perform other special projects as needed
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Global HR Systems Product Manager
Position directly supervises: n/a
Indirect Reporting: n/a
Other Internal and external contacts:
Internal: Human Resource, Payroll, Finance, & IT
External: Workday, Cornerstone & 3rd party vendors
• 4+ years previous experience maintaining & configuring data in an HRIS systems (Workday, Cornerstone, PeopleSoft, or SAP)
• Basic understanding of HR practices in Recruiting, Benefits, EEO, Data Security and HIPAA
• Demonstrated ability to work professionally and discreetly with extremely confidential information
• Experience working with large datasets, in-depth understanding of data relationships, data cleansing practices
• Intermediate understanding of relationship databases concepts
• Exceptional problem-solving skills with attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills, project management ability, and the ability to prioritize work
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities; with strong data analysis acumen, and focus on accuracy and attention to detail
• Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent customer service, communication (both written and verbal), and cross-group collaboration skills required
• Flexibility in daily schedule, and ability to understand and react quickly to changing priorities
• Experience of working in a globally distributed environment a plus
· Experience in working with a helpdesk ticketing system a plus
· Basic understanding and interest in adopting an Agile development methodology while performing their tasks
· Truly excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively listen to and liaise with colleagues on all levels in a global, distributed, multicultural, detail-oriented environment
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience with an international nonprofit in the delivery of systems across varying IT infrastructure and low/intermittent bandwidth scenarios
- Experience with data migration and systems integration
Working Environment: Standard office work environment with the ability to work in a hybrid office/remote schedule
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.