Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Work Location : Dagahaley
Start date : June 2022
Duration : 12 months fixed term contract (with 3 months’ probation period) renewable based on performance
Application Deadline: 21st May 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Supply Chain officer
Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analysing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Act as backup for Supply Chain Officer and Storekeeper.
- Create In Kind donation orders/ Purchase Orders
- Essential, secondary education; commerce related studies desirable
- At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain related jobs
- Essential mission working language and local language
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment.to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management L2
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application on or before the 21st May 2022
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive,only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)