Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RISK AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER – OPERATIONS
Reporting to Head of Risk & Compliance, the successful applicants will be responsible for providing technical and operational support in identifying, analysing and measuring various types of risks in the Hospital’s nonclinical operations and make appropriate risk mitigation recommendations in accordance with the Hospital’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in developing the annual work program for Risk and Compliance and implement the approved action plan.
- Participate in the development and upgrading of the Hospital’s Risk identification and assessment methodologies.
- Conduct operational and process risk analysis in the Hospital’s nonclinical operational areas as per the Hospital’s Policies, Procedures, and guidelines.
- Identify and measure possible strategic, financial, compliance and operational risks of the Hospital based on aggregate measures of business activity such as gross revenue, fee income, operating costs, managed assets, or total assets adjusted for off-balance sheet exposures, etc.
- Analyse the risks including the potential loss arising from internal activities or external events caused by break down of information, communication, physical safeguard, business continuity, etc.
- Perform tests and checks to monitor conformity with operational and process risk methodologies and standards as well as monitor effectiveness of internal control systems.
- Assess and review the business continuity program of the Nairobi Hospital including ensuring critical process are identified and Business Continuity measures are instituted, reviewed from time to time and working.
- Develop a compliance framework and ensure the Hospital complies to regulatory requirements, best practise guidelines and its internal policies.
- Assist in investigations of process events and the preparation of reports including identification of systematic root causes and themes for escalation to the Head of Risk & Compliance.
- Aggregate and analyse risk events reported by the business units.
- Assist in identification of key risk indicators in different business units, as well as in formulation of action plans to address any gaps.
- Assist in development of operational risk registers for each department.
- Assist in investigations involving employees that are suspected of or have been involved in unethical behaviour, fraud, or other illegal activities against the Hospital or in relation to their work.
- Prepare training materials in operational and process risk.
- Provide assistance in conducting trainings on operational and process risk.
- Ensure that tasks are completed to the agreed standards within the agreed time scales; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Commerce, Finance, Economics, Information Technology, Law, Accounting, or Banking from a reputable University.
- Professional certification in Risk Management; Institute of Risk Management (UK) certification, Financial Risk Management (FRM), RCP Level 3, Chartered Risk Analyst (CRA) or Governance Risk and Compliance Management (GRCM) is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of various types of risks and their mitigations
- Clear understanding of relevant emerging issues in risk management
- Risk management skills including risk assessment, evaluation, quantification, mitigation and reporting skills
- Ability to use technology and other modern tools to drive decision making and implementation
- Ability to engage at all levels within and outside of the organization
- Planning and organizing skills
- Decision making skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship management skills
- Willingness to work for extended hours
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sharp in follow ups
- System knowledge
- Proficient in training and presentations
- Team working skills
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume in PDF) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 24th May 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Director, Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100