Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vacancy announcement – 10th May, 2022
The Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK) is a body corporate established under the Nurses and Midwives Act cap257 of the laws of Kenya, whose mandate is to regulate nursing education and practice.
The Council wishes to recruit highly competent, passionate, and dedicated and self- driven individual to fill the following vacant positions:
Corporation Secretary And Director Legal Services; JOB GRADE NCK- 2 (1 position) – TERMS OF SERVICE – CONTRACT (5 YEARS)
The Corporation Secretary is the lead in providing guidance to the Council and its members on their duties and responsibilities and advising them on matters of governance as provided in Clause 1.21 of Mwongozo Code of Governance for State Corporations. The Corporation Secretary also assists the Council to execute its mandate as provided in the Nurses and Midwives Act, Cap 257, Laws of Kenya and to oversee the legal function in the Council. In addition, he/she supervises the Legal Officers in executing the legal advisory and litigation functions.
Duties and responsibilities entail:
- Assisting in providing guidance to the Council on the following duties and responsibilities: matters of governance, Council induction and training, Updating the Council Charter, Preparation of Council work plans, Council evaluation, Governance audit, and Implementation of the code of conduct and ethics;
- Ensuring timely circulation of Council and Committee papers and minutes; ensuring safe custody of the Council Seal and account to the Council for its use;
- Maintaining and updating the register of conflicts of interest;
- Ensuring that Council members are aware of all relevant laws affecting the organization; Formulating, drafting and facilitating publication of Legal Notices for the
- Council in the Kenya Gazette;
- Liaising with the Registrar/Chief Executive Officer in preparation and dissemination of
- Council calendar of meetings;
- Interpreting and advising the Council on all matters relating to the law;
- Overseeing the formulation, implementation and review of the Council’s laws and strategies on litigation and other relevant regulations;
- Overseeing the implementation and review of legal agreements and contracts in liaison with relevant departments, divisions and units and ensuring that the Council complies with statutory and other regulatory requirements;
- Overseeing the preparation of legal opinions, coordinating the preparation and processing of legal notices and any other Gazettement;
- Overseeing legal research on emerging legal issues; Providing leadership and policy direction on legal issues;
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing of legal policies, strategies and procedures;
- Preparing the annual budget for the Legal Department;
- Coordinating governance and Legal audit process;
- Interpreting laws, regulation and provide legal opinions on matters of the Council;
- Identifying and managing external advocates assigned stated cases to handle/prosecute or defend;
- Providing advice and legal opinions to Management and the Council on contractual matters and any legal actions contemplated by the Council before execution;
- Mentorship and coaching of the staff in the legal division;
- Preparing the Budget for the legal department;
- Preparing the annual procurement plan for the department.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in a comparable and relevant position in Public or
- Private Sector, three (3) years of which should be at Management level;
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree from a recognized institution;
- Master of Law (LLM) degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- is an added advantage;
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Current Law Practicing Certificate;
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS K);
- A Certified Governance Auditor;
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership to the Law Society of Kenya (LSK);
- Demonstrated results in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Competencies & Skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Supervisory skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Conflict management skills
- Risk Management skills
- Resource Management skills
- Coaching and mentorship skills
- Governance skills
- Financial management and budgeting skills
- Policy development skills
How To Apply
Candidates interested in the above position are expected to obtain and submit with their application valid copies of clearance certificates from the following: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Higher Educations Loans Board (HELB), Ethics and Anti–Corruption Commission (EACC), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) (certificate of good conduct) and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) during interview.
If you meet the criteria outline above, please send your application ( as one document in pdf) and attached a detailed cv, copies of National Identity card and current pay slip (certified copy), relevant copies of testimonials and certificates, your daytime contact, and contact of three (3) referees by close of business on Monday, 30th May 2022 to; email@example.com
NURSING COUNCIL OF KENYA
P O Box 20056–00200
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NCK is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Youth, Women and Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
NOTE: SOFT COPY ONLY – HARD COPIES SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED