Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vacancy announcement – 10th May, 2022
The Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK) is a body corporate established under the Nurses and Midwives Act cap257 of the laws of Kenya, whose mandate is to regulate nursing education and practice.
The Council wishes to recruit highly competent, passionate, and dedicated and self- driven individual to fill the following vacant positions:
Standards And Compliance Officer, NCK JOB GRADE 6 – ( 5 – Positions) – TERMS OF SERVICE – PERMANENT
This is the entry and training grade for Standard and enforcement officers. An Officer at this level will work under guidance and supervision of a senior office. A Standard and Compliance officer may be deployed in either Standards or Compliance Division.
Duties and responsibilities entail:
- Processing of applications for private practitioners for nurses and midwives;
- Preparing documentation for the inquiry process into alleged professional misconduct;
- Undertaking nursing and midwifery programmes accreditation process;
- Conducting regular compliance audits in nursing & midwifery training institutions and health facilities;
- Updating compliance information on nursing and midwifery training institutions, internship centers and private practitioners in the database;
- Undertaking joint inspections of health facilities and internship centers together with other regulatory Councils and councils;
- Receiving correspondence and responding to inquiries on compliance;
- Generating quarterly compliance work plans and reports, Generating quarterly quality assurance reports;
- Assessing training institutions for approval of nursing and midwifery programmes;
- Updating the database for approved nursing and midwifery training, Institutions, placement sites and internship centers;
- Preparing quarterly standards work plans and reports;
- Updating records on accredited nursing and midwifery programmes;
- Receiving correspondences and drafting responses to inquiries on standards of nursing and midwifery.
Duties and responsibilities entail:
- Collecting, compiling, analyzing and summarizing information and trends on quality assurance;
- Implementing quality assurance guidelines, standards, systems and frameworks;
- Preparing quality assurance plans;
- Participating in quality assurance activities and quality audits;
- Enforcing Quality Assurance Policy;
- Updating controlled NCK quality documents;
- Collecting compiling information and documentations on quality assurance; and
- Preparing quality assurance documentation and reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Nursing, or Midwifery from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Member of a professional association of good standing;
- Proficiency in computer application skills.
Key Competencies & Skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Problem solving skills
How To Apply
Candidates interested in the above position are expected to obtain and submit with their application valid copies of clearance certificates from the following: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Higher Educations Loans Board (HELB), Ethics and Anti–Corruption Commission (EACC), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) (certificate of good conduct) and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) during interview.
If you meet the criteria outline above, please send your application ( as one document in pdf) and attached a detailed cv, copies of National Identity card and current pay slip (certified copy), relevant copies of testimonials and certificates, your daytime contact, and contact of three (3) referees by close of business on Monday, 30th May 2022 to; firstname.lastname@example.org
NURSING COUNCIL OF KENYA
P O Box 20056–00200
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NCK is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Youth, Women and Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
NOTE: SOFT COPY ONLY – HARD COPIES SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED