Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP is currently seeking to fill the position of Procurement Associate (G6)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND AND ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan and Uganda.
The Procurement Associate – Strategic Support will report to the Senior Regional Procurement Officer and be responsible for providing overall strategic and reporting support to the procurement function.
To provide coordination, administrative services and research to support the efficient and effective procurement services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Unit, the incumbent will provide operational coordination, administrative services, and research to support efficient and effective procurement services. More specifically, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide support to food and non-food procurement activities in the bureau and for country offices in the region.
- Provide operational guidance and oversight of regional procurement activities
- Research, collect and analyse data and produce reports to enable informed decision-making by Procurement Officers.
- Prepare in-depth data analytics and statistics on food and G&S purchases for the unit reports and alert HoU and/or the key stakeholders on the urgent actions required based on the data generated from the e-platforms.
- Consolidate data and draft presentation materials for the unit engagements.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programs and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Serve as a backstopping resource for country procurement functions to support during short-term high volume and staffing gaps.
- As required, support in developing annual procurement plans to facilitate program implementation and improved value for money.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Conduct monthly randomized reviews of procurement activities, focusing on irregularities, gaps in the consistent application of internal controls, and ineffective reviews/approvals by senior staff.
- Organize knowledge sharing and training sessions to enable country procurement staff to exchange on best practices, latest procurement policies, and changes in the Procurement Manual.
- Develop performance dashboards to inform decision making, liaising with HQ/TEC on innovations, including digitalization and simplification of procurement procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A diploma in procurement and supply chain/CIPS, accounting and finance, statistics, or related functional areas.
Experience: At least three years of professional experience in procurement operations or other related areas.
Experience working in a multicultural and fast-paced environment is an added value.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
Fixed Term G6
Nairobi Regional Bureau, Kenya
12 months Renewable
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 24th May 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.