Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Technical Specialist, Simulation, Centre for Innovation Medical Education – (220000RQ)
Technical Specialist, Simulation
Department: Centre for Innovation in Medical Education (CIME)
Entity: The Aga Khan University
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. http://www.aku.edu
Aga Khan University’s Centre for Innovation in Medical Education (CIME) is a global entity with a state-of-the-art facility for the training of health professionals (medicine, nursing) across the continuum of undergraduate to postgraduate students, to practitioners and specialists in Kenya and Pakistan. The center in Nairobi occupies over 30,000sq ft of space within the new University Centre and offers multi-purpose learning spaces, realistic clinical environments, low to high fidelity medical and surgical simulators.
As a Technical Specialist, reporting to the Simulation Advisor, you will have specific responsibilities:
- Supporting the delivery of clinical simulation
- Monitor and ensure simulation and education-based technologies are maintained; anticipate and resolve equipment failure
- Develop and ensure the compliance of policies in relation to simulation
- Ensure rationalized use of equipment and simulators while identifying areas for improvement by providing recommendations for future iterations.
- Collaborates with local and international vendors for troubleshooting and repair of simulation equipment.
- Identifies performance opportunities or training needs for technical staff as it relates to simulation.
- Support clinical educators with orientation to principles of simulation training technology and configuration. Providing training to improve performance in the use of clinical simulation.
- Delegates day-to-day tasks within the team members and optimize team performance.
- Support in selecting appropriate modality of simulation to meet learning objectives and which is most appropriate to selected learners.
- Keep track of technical inventory and consumables. Making recommendations for the purchase of equipment, supplies and materials required for simulation
- Leads in aspect of annual budget planning.
- Contributes to the strategic planning of the Center in relation to the mission statement.
- Providing specialized support and guidance on clinical simulation and projects AKU wide.
To succeed in this role, you must have
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or science subjects
- Able to operate and troubleshoot simulation technologies.
- Knowledge of the operating systems such as Windows, MAC, Linux, and related troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work as a team player and individually.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient knowledge of IT networking, hardware & software.
- Proficient knowledge of biomedical devices and common healthcare terminologies.
- Demonstrate understanding of equipment maintenance, life cycle and repair.
- Competence at Specialist level in 16 identified clinical simulation competencies at CIME or equivalent. (Appendix 1).
However, if you have the following would be ideal:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Science or Healthcare Simulation.
- CHSOS Certification or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in professional role in similar capacity at a higher education institute.
- 3 years of Clinical Simulation experience
- Knowledge of educational theories, modalities and technologies used in clinical simulation.
- Knowledge of developing budget and policies.
- Knowledge of operating and troubleshooting Audio-Visual Systems.
- Ability to understand and develop clinical simulation scenarios and relevant educational documents.
- Project Management, Research and Audit Experience.
How To Apply