Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Program Director- HIAS Kenya
Department: HIAS Kenya
Location: Nairobi, KY
START DATE: 20th June 2022
END DATE: 31st December 2022 with a possibility of renewal.
The Program Director manages and oversees implementation of program activities within HIAS’ framework which are; Legal Protection, Mental Health and Psychosocial Services, Economic Inclusion and Gender Based Violence Programs. This position leads in the coordination processes internally and with external partners to get humanitarian assistance for HIAS beneficiaries. The Project Director will also support the Country Director in the coordination and management of the current projects, identification of new projects that contribute to the protection of the population of concern.
- Lead the development and implementation of activity work plans and budgets, ensuring effective implementation and achievement of priority initiatives and activities
- Organize and manage donor contract requirements, program planning and implementation from start to completion of project periods- with keenness to deadlines, milestones, and processes
- Provide oversight of program implementation and execution of program plans via regular financial, program tracking reports and M&E data related to monitoring program performance.
- Supervise Program Managers and actively be involved in provision of feedback and resolution of problems/challenges during implementation
- Oversee the management of field office operations and carry out periodic monitoring visits
- Manage internal coordination processes to facilitate the necessary resources to develop and implement HIAS programs.
- Periodically participate in case meetings to identify needs and trends for purposes of identifying strategies to enhance the attention of such cases.
- Review and advise on current programming models in consultation with Country Director to enhance HIAS’ services to refugees
- Act as a HIAS liaison with donors and HIAS Partners for coordination of monitoring activities and management of partnerships
- Participate in thematic meetings with other implementing partners whenever called upon or needed.
- Coordinate the timely preparation of comprehensive and statistical reports requested by donors, plans for proposals and other projects documents.
- Review program reports prepared to determine progress and programmatic issues that require resolution
- Follow up and monitor accomplishment of activities, goals, and timely reporting to donors, according to the schedules agreed.
- In support of HIAS Business Development initiatives, provide oversight in technical conceptualization and writing of high-quality technical proposals for funding
- Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and team work in support of successful program implementation
- Ensure services to beneficiaries are offered in a professional and ethical manner.
- Support HIAS Operational Framework on Accountability to Affected populations
- Oversee the implementation and application of HIAS’ standard operating procedures are done in line with HIAS’ policies on safeguarding to beneficiaries’ children, adults and staff.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Country Director.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, Master’s degree desired.
- A minimum of 9-11 years of working experience, preferably with an INGO.
- Minimum of 5 years in Management.
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations framework
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills required.
- Responsible, Professional and with Integrity
- Ability to work with people from different culture settings.
- Ability to work effectively with teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations, especially refugees or asylum seekers.
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Knowledge on Computers; Ms-Office, Email and Internet.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required or permanent location. Location is subject to change based on programmatic needs. Flexibility is essential as we grow and develop. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, changing work environment with many crucial deadlines. All team members may be required to perform duties outside of their normal work hours of responsibilities as needed.
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation or other legally protected status.