Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Protection Officer, Kenya
Department: HIAS Kenya
Location: Nairobi, KY
HIAS seeks a Protection Officer to enhance protection of refugees by promoting and protecting their rights. The protection Officer will specialize in the protection of the LGBTQ population by providing insight in protection interventions for the LGBTIQ.
- Promote and protect the rights of the most vulnerable refugees.
- Assist in protection mainstreaming by providing insight in protection interventions for the LGBTIQ population
- Facilitate access to local support networks within the Kenyan LGBTIQ community
- Maintain and develop relationships with Key stake holders and partners to advocate for rights of refugees
- Develop strategic partnerships through participation in co-ordination meetings
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation program with partners for protection, medical and psychosocial needs of the LGBTIQ refugees
- Facilitate establishment of community based protection mechanism and support for the vulnerable persons of concern including survivors of Sexual Gender Based Violence
- Ensure ongoing case management and documentation of protection violations
- Increase knowledge and exposure of the Kenyan LGBTIQ movement to the LGBTIQ refugee problem thus awakening their concern for a broader approach in their advocacy and future programming.
- Follow up on cases and provide partners and refugees counseling and feedback on the status and processing of individual cases
- Build Capacity for HIAS staff, partner staff and other stakeholders on diversity, SGBV and protection of persons of concern
- Produce accurate, detailed and timely reports highlighting objectives, achievements and impact on project activities.
- Assist in identifying funding opportunities and fundraising for protection program
- Performing other duties as may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- · University degree in either; Law, International Relations, Gender Development Studies or other relevant social sciences degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and knowledge in Human Rights as well as International refugee laws.
- Experience working with refugees and specifically the LGBTIQ refugees will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of Computer Applications such as Ms-ACCESS, Ms-EXCEL, and Ms-WORD
- Ability to work in a Team
- Good knowledge of prevention and response to Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge in Project Management
- Ability to take up multiple roles with minimum supervision and short deadlines
- Ability to work in a demanding and high-pressured environment
- Knowledge in AAP
- Knowledge in PSEA
HIAS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation, or other legally protected status.