Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION/JOB TITLE: Addiction Counsellor
REPORTING TO: PWIDS DICE-In charge
As addiction counselling psychologist, S/he will provide psychosocial care and counselling services to patients who suffer from opioids/other drugs dependence. S/he will manage the psychosocial aspect of PWIDS DICE/MAT clients including recovery plan. The addiction counselor will also assist patients with the development of personal recovery programs that focus on addiction management, healthier behaviors, and harm reduction.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet clients and evaluate their health and substance problem.
- Identify issues arising and create goals and treatment plans.
- Update the clinic with clients’ recovery progress at multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Document patient interactions at the end of every session using the relevant forms
- Provide additional management programs based on identified concerns/progress.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment programs.
- Teach clients the coping mechanisms
- Meet with family members and provide guidance and support.
- Lead group therapy sessions.
- Guide clients re-establish career priorities.
- Refer clients to existing support groups, linkage forums in the community and follow them up.
- Undertake tracing of clients non-compliant to MAT or any addiction therapy.
- Lead community education and support programs for PWID.
- Oversee implementation of PWID promotional materials and information.
- Attend and contribute during site meeting within and outside the DICE or MAT clinic
- Ensure effective referral, linkage and follow up of HIV positive clients at the DICE and MAT center
- Participate in CQI and QA activities at the DICE and MAT center
- Adhere to the DICE/MAT SOPs and algorithm in delivering services
- Participate in support supervision
- Undertake routine data quality assessment
- Support in timely and accurate report writing on weekly and monthly basis.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Degree or Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- NASCOP certified training in addiction counselling
- At least 1-year experience conducting addiction counselling services to PWIDS
- Strong interpersonal and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure as a team leader and player
All applications are open from 5th May, 2022 and will close on 19th May 2022, both days inclusive.
E-Mail Address: email@example.com