Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Principal Industrial Development Officer (9 Posts)
PRINCIPAL INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, JOB GROUP ‘N’ CSG 8 – NINE (9) POSTS
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.49,000 – Ksh. 87,360
House Allowance: Ksh. 15,400 – 35,000 (Depending on duty station)
Commuter allowance : Ksh. 8,000
Leave allowance: Ksh. 6,000 (per annum)
Annual leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical cover: As provided by the Government
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: preparing sectoral reports on Tarrif and Non Tariff Barriers (NTBs) for manufacturing Industry; linking of MSMIS to finance, markets, resource efficiency and cleaner production technology suppliers, research and development findings, quality assurance and intellectual property protection; creating linkages for subcontracting among MSI and Medium and Large Industries, identifying potential foreign investors in specific industrial sectors; and disseminating industrial information to stake holders.
In addition, duties and responsibilities will entail: identifying and documenting indigenous technologies and entrepreneurs; undertaking monitoring and evaluation on the implementation of industrial projects/programmes; undertaking bench-marking surveys and supporting the rehabilitation of industries; identifying, promoting and creating awareness on market opportunities for Kenyan Products; creating awareness on counterfeit goods in liaison with Anti-Counterfeit Agency (ACA); and preparing Industrial Performance Reports to enhance productivity, competitiveness and quality of products.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of Senior Industrial Development Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or a comparable position in public sector.
- Bachelors’ Degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Business Administration, Mathematics, Bilogical/Physical Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Statistics, Economics, Project Planning and Management, Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, Electronics, Mettallurgy, Aeronautical, Agriculture), Agriculture, Animal Sciences, Food Technology, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Textile Technology, Production Technology, Leather Sciences, Wood Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Geology, Environmental Science, Chemistry; Bio-chemistry or Computer Science from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in any of the following fields; Project Planning, Project Appraisal, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Entrepreneurship, Public Policy Analysis, Small Enterprises Policy and Promotion, Environmental Impact Assessment and Auditing, Environmental Management or Business Development Services lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized Institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in the work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form (PSC 2 form, Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates. The application form can be downloaded from the Public Service Commission Website www.publicservice.go.ke and State Department for Industrialization website www.industrialization.go.ke.
Completed application forms should be hand delivered to the Director Human Resource Management and Development office, State Department for Industrialization, NSSF Building Block B, 11th Floor Room No. 1127; on or before 30th May, 2022.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
- Qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applicants should not give money to anybody purporting to be in a position to help whatsoever. Any corruption report should be made via email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Amb. Kirimi P. Kaberia, CBS