Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHY WORK WITH WFP SOMALIA
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
1. Lead, empower, coach, motivate the HR operations team to become a customer-oriented, effective, innovative and data-driven HR operations team.
2. Supervise the wide range of HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent, high-quality and timely HR services are delivered to employees through their entire WFP employee lifecycle from appointment through separation.
3. Enhance and strengthen the personalized communication for employees and take an employee/internal customer-centric approach.
4. Ensure timely HR briefings on contract modality and related benefits are delivered to new joiners or colleagues changing contract modality.
5. Ensure the employees/staff are informed about any changes in entitlements, benefits and terms of services in a timely and comprehensive manner.
6. Keep themselves abreast of latest trends in terms of HR operations management and HR systems roll-out to ensure they continuously improve and simplify the way the HR processes are administered.
7. Identify evolving needs of the organization and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures. Obtain the required approval and buy-in and implement the changes in HR services successfully in line with HQ efforts to streamline and digitalize HR function.
8. Review and compile a variety of data in close collaboration with the different HR team members to deliver HR/People data analysis on a quarterly basis. This analysis should be carried out in a savvy manner leveraging software that avoid manual work. These analyses will support CLT (Country Leadership Team) and HR Head to make well-informed decisions.
9. Ensure an updated and 100% accurate organizational structure is shared with CLT on a monthly basis.
10. Ensure all HR processes related to contract management (all contract types included), payroll, time management, benefits and pension management, HR letters, UNLPs, separations, medical evacuations, medical insurance, etc are delivered in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
11. Ensure all HR data is inserted and updated timely and accurately in HR management systems. Monitor independently ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
12. Bring to the attention of management any exception with the required documentation for their consideration.
13. Ensure any SOP (Special Operational Procedure) related to HR operations is reviewed and updated on annual basis in line with the applicable WFP rules and regulations.
14. Other duties as required.
Education: Completion of first-level university degree
Experience: Relevant experience in managing HR Operations and HR administration tasks. Ideally, minimum three years’ experience managing teams with outstanding leadership and coaching skills.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Good understanding of key HR operational principles and best practices
• Great listener, strong client-orientation and proactive problem-solver
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to operate in an international, multicultural environment. Ability to create trust with employees/managers and deal with confidential information with integrity.
• Very analytical, with strong quantitative skills and an ability to collect actionable insights from people / HR data.
• Naturally organized and able to effectively manage multiple work streams in parallel.
• Proactive, positive, and collaborative. A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small or big’ attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver timely high-quality deliverables
• Proficient user of HR ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, etc.)
• Proficient user of MS Office, including SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience in leading changes with a strong drive and motivation to improve our HR services on an ongoing basis.
• Flexible attitude towards shifting tasks and responsibilities.
Language: Excellent spoken and written English.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Duration: 1 year (Renewable)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
24 May 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.