Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
I &M Bank is a leading commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
ASSISTANT MANAGER, CREDIT REPORTING & CONTROL
The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring, reporting and controlling the credit risk of the Bank at portfolio level in compliance with credit policy and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) prudential guidelines.
The incumbent will report to Manager Credit Reporting & Control and will be responsible for:
- Preparing accurate statutory reports for regulatory submissions within stipulated timelines and ensuring nil non-compliance with regulatory reporting requirements.
- Preparing other scheduled/adhoc external reports to Development Finance Institutions (DFIs), Credit Reference Bureaus (CRBs), Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) and other stakeholders.
- Performing analysis/review of risk classification of loans advances and computing the required general and specific provisioning of the portfolio in line with CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Facilitating the preparation of all strategic management reports for risk management and decision making.
- Supporting facilitation of seamless audit processes by coordinating and ensuring all requirements are met within credit department.
- Preparation of accurate Internal reports to Departmental units and management ac and publication of the Credit Risk Management Committee (CRMC)/Board Credit Committee (BCC) papers in the credit committees meetings software within the agreed timelines.
- Preparation and modelling of IFRS9 numbers, validating the Expected Credit Losses (ECL) results and analyzing impact.
- Monitoring and reporting loan portfolio performance and trends in order to provide insight to business teams and management.
- Tracking of credit policy requirements against internal and regulatory limits and reporting any breaches or exceptions to management.
- Reviewing and updating the credit reporting related policies and guidelines.
- Performing periodic stress testing of the asset portfolio for risk management and decision making.
- Supporting any Bank project relating to credit reporting aspects.
- Supporting the Credit Department Budgetary process.
- Presentation of all required MIS – Analytics and Dashboards.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized institution.
- Qualification in any data analytics course will be an added advantage.
- 5 years banking experience with at least 2-3 years’ in credit reporting
- Well versed with CBK Prudential Guidelines relating to Asset Classification, knowledge of relevant bank processes, policies and procedures
- Technical skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel and PowerPoint.
- Report writing skills; and
- Numeric skills.
- Analytics skills.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management skills; and
- Good planning and organization skills
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our www.imbankgroup.com/ke and click on careers and apply for the position. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 16th May 2022.