Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MarketForce is a fast-growing African tech startup headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. We are building the operating system for retail distribution in Africa. Powered by technology and driven by heart, our mission is to drive Africa forward by creating economic empowerment for everyone along the retail supply chain.
Our B2B marketplace, RejaReja, enables corner shops to source, order and pay for inventory at any time via interactive SMS and mobile app, and get it delivered directly to their store within hours. We empower retailers further by providing them with tools to act as a one-stop shop for popular digital financial services like buying airtime, paying their water & electricity bill and accessing banking & insurance services.
Summer Fellow Experience
MarketForce is engaging summer fellows for 6-10 week projects across departments, targeting mid-June through early August. Fellows will work on high-impact projects that align with their interests and will shape the company’s trajectory. You’ll gain experience at one of Africa’s fastest growing scale-ups in the heart of the Silicon Savannah.
Exciting projects you will work on
- If you love fintech, end-to-end planning and/or piloting financial services products by building the business case and testing various options. This may include user research, financial modeling, feature/user story development, UX/UI input, competitive benchmarking, and market research. Work cross-functionally with departments to develop a go-to-market strategy and plan for piloting and implementation
- If you love finance and strategy, help build our strategic financial direction. Flesh out the intersection between business performance and growth, translating a multifaceted organization’s structure into a forward looking strategic financial roadmap.
- If you love operations, augment and implement an end-to-end product activation process spanning operations, supply chain, sales, marketing, finance and product. Work with leadership across the departments to design a process and stage-gates that function with our company processes and goals
- If you love people, set the strategy and develop training materials for our growing army of project managers. Lead the curriculum develop and training of this Pan-African team and set the systems to ensure future recruits are well equipped to hit the ground running
- If you love fintech, research, develop, and test various credit strategies and products for our network of 100K+ merchants including buy now pay later, float financing, working capital – and the opportunity to get creative and propose new credit solutions we may offer, backed by rigorous research
- If you love strategy and tech, deep dive into the global super app space. Develop case studies, conduct interviews, and do landscape analyses to explore what makes a super app sticky and successful and explore what services merchants may be interested in in a super app (a la WeChat, Grab, etc.)
- You’re currently be in an undergraduate or graduate program, or have graduated within the past 6 months
- You’re STOKED to help an epic start-up grow and reach our ambitious goal of being the premier operations and growth partner for the 100M+ merchants across the continent
- You have a strong a bias towards action and are quick on your feet
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross function departments and communicate effectively regarding sensitive and confidential matters.
- You are a strong strategic and innovative problem solver, who is a people person, self-motivated, detail oriented, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible and able to pivot when necessary
- You’re willing to adjust to changing work environments, openly offering ideas and solutions on where improvements can be made. Works efficiently in situations of uncertainty.
- You’re an articulate team player who is clear and concise while communicating. Listens, understands and responds openly to the ideas of others. You always put people first and are relentlessly customer centric
What you’ll get
- Hands-on experience at one of the fastest growing, Pan-African, and internationally recognized start-ups
- Mentorship in your field of interest
- Exposure to the African start-up ecosystem and the inner workings of a blitz scale company
- A network of like-minded fellows and connections in Nairobi’s exploding tech hub
- Fellow dinners and round tables with industry experts
Start date is 1st June 2022