Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
It is existentially urgent to figure out a way to insure people who are not insured. Turaco’s mission is to free people from the fear of financial shocks. Our 25-year goal is to insure a billion people, doubling the number of people insured in the world.
Turaco is a fast-growing financial services start-up in East Africa that is bringing a new model to health and risk financing for emerging customers. Turaco offers subscription-based insurance products for the mass market bundled with regular transactions that people are already doing. Turaco works through business partnerships to offer affordable insurance products that add real value to people’s lives. At Turaco we value simplicity, communication, and transparency and strive to transform the way insurance works. When it comes to claims, our goal is to pay out and fast.
Turaco embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace – we’re building a team where our differences complement each other and make us stronger. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.
Since launching in Feb 2019, Turaco has acquired 100,000+ end users. Over the next 24 months, that will grow to 1,000,000+ end users. We are growing very fast, and we need leaders who can grow with us.
To learn more, visit www.turaco.insure
About the role
The Call Center Associate will report to the call center team leader/captain. This role is the direct contact between Turaco and its customers. The call center associate will speak with customers over the phone to explain insurance products, benefits, and payment methods to customers. The call center associate will also upsell and cross-sell other products that are useful to the customer.
Roles and responsibilities
- Engage at least 100 customers daily on phone to upsell or cross-sell turaco products while offering excellent customer service.
- Follow up and close on initial sales contacts.
- Adjust the sales script provided to better meet the needs and interests of specific individuals within the potential customer list provided.
- Achieve agreed-upon sales targets within the stipulated schedule.
- Explain technical product features and answer potential and existing customer questions about Turaco products.
- Understand and strive to meet or exceed call center metrics while providing excellent consistent customer service.
- Product Knowledge; Learn and understand all products and partnerships undertaken by Turaco.
- Register new customers to our database and other data entry requests as needed
- Address customer inquiries regarding products and claims submission, amongst others in a timely manner.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to callers, explaining possible solutions and ensuring that customers feel valued.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A College diploma or Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent post-secondary qualification) from an accredited Institution
- Previous telesales experience, in a call center, or retail/service center where you have been selling a product or service to a customer directly is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Swahili is a requirement for this role. The ability to communicate with customers who speak your native language (mother tongue) is an added advantage.
- Able to constantly operate a computer and record data with proficiency
- Exceptional customer service with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Once you click the “Apply button” you will be required to;
- Share your details and upload your CV
- Answer a questionnaire with 4 areas. To answer make sure the device you are using is can support typing, and has a microphone, and camera.
Equal opportunity Employment
We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply. Persons living with disabilities can contact us directly at 0711-082-636 if they are unable to apply through the official channels. For employees with disabilities, Turaco will make reasonable work conditions as provided by law to ensure they are able to perform their job.