Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Terms of Reference for Covid-19 surge capacity staff
The Kenya COVID-19 Health Emergency Response project is the Phase 1 of the Multi- Phase Programmatic Approach for Strategic Preparedness and Response Program. The proposed project aims to assist Kenyan government in its efforts to prevent, detect and respond to the threat posed by COVID-19 and strengthen national systems for public health preparedness.
Kenya is experiencing a high disease burden in addition to the negative effects of COVID- 19 pandemic among other public health emergencies. There is need to recruit additional surge staff to man the various strategic centers established within the Nairobi
metropolitan, National hospitals, County hospitals, and Ports of Entry that suffer acute staff shortage.
The project seeks to recruit suitable candidates to increase the number of health personnel required to increase staffing levels through screening and disease surveillance at the ports of entry; laboratory testing facilities at the NPHLS, NMS, and selected high risk counties across the country.
Terms Of Reference for CHERP Advertisement
Project Employment and Selection of Employment of Individual Consultant
ASSORTED SURGE STAFF FOR NPHLS- POSITION (10)
Nursing Officers – Positions-(3)
Job And Appointment Specifications for Nursing Officers
Scope of work
The Nursing Officers will be responsible for responding to medical emergencies and undertaking referrals when recommended at NPHRL.
The Ministry of Health is seeking to recruit 3 Nursing officers to be deployed in any laboratory located within the National public Health Reference Laboratories.
The officers will report directly to the managers in respective laboratories.
1. Respond to medical emergencies within the Laboratories
2. Offer first aid services.
3. Carry out travel vaccination.
4. Facilitate patient referral to hospital.
5. Facilitate medical evacuations.
6. Take stock of medical emergency supplies.
7. Carry out health education.
8. Facilitate patient referral to other hospitals for further diagnosis
9. Ensure that medical equipment is well calibrated and functional and undertake secondary screening in the absence of a clinician
Qualifications and experience
The Nursing officer must meet the following requirements
1. Have a diploma in nursing or Bachelor degree in nursing
2. Must be registered by the Nursing Council
3. Holder of a valid practicing License from Nursing Council
4. At least 2 years working experience in Nursing
5. Knowledge of Infection, Prevention and Control in health facilities
6. Experience working with Ministry of Health systems on COVID 19 is an added advantage
7. Good report writing and analytical skills
8. Good communication and interpersonal skills
9. Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Terms of service:
Consolidated package for this position is- Ksh. 75,000/PM
Six (6) months’ contract with possible extension based on performance and duration of COVID-19 pandemic
How To Apply
Detailed Terms of Reference for the above positions can be accessed on the
Ministry’s website http://www.health.go.ke and the Public Procurement Information
Interested and qualified persons are required to send their applications and
relevant attachments to the Ministry’s Email: email@example.com. so as
to reach the Ministry on or before 26th May, 2022 at 10.00 am.
HEAD, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES
FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY