Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Enterprise Services Optimization Engineer – (22000251)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy Enterprise Services Optimization Engineer within Technology. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Enterprise Service Support, the position holder is responsible for performing complex 2nd Line technical support operations for enterprise customers as well as support digital services as per respective portfolio, perform 2nd line support for escalations from the Enterprise Service Support teams (ECS and Platinum) and liaise with internal stakeholders and vendors to offer permanent solutions to recurring problems.
- Problem management, deep dive on recurring incidents.
- Partner management
- Performance tracking and service reviews
- Track and schedule customer preventive maintenance
- Partner technical training
- Systems access
- Complex site visit support
- H and S
- Customer project execution complex and time bound, reviews and redesigns of existing customer solutions.
- Drive automation agenda e.g. creation of robots to create efficiencies within ESS.
- Service migrations, relocations, decommissions, upgrades and downgrades.
- Technical escalations with backend teams and vendors, especially on global or specific customer incidents that work around was provided.
- Liaison and coordination of CRQs and change management to avoid and reduce customer impact, review pre-checks and post checks.
- Vendor and partner evaluations.
- Enterprise customer facing systems licensing e.g managed security end point licensing.
- Ensure all customer solutions are documented.
- Ensure communication progressively and properly done to all stakeholders weekly and monthly reporting on link performance.
- Degree in Telecoms, Engineering, IT, Physics or Math or any other relevant qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy ISP/Telco in managing large IP and transport networks.
- Must have network connectivity certifications on professional level .i.e. CCIP, CCNP, CCVP, CCSP HCNP, HCIP, CWNP and above.
- Strong understanding of emerging digital technologies: SDWAN, IoT, managed security services (Cisco ASA/Fortinet/Cyberoam/SOPHOS), AWS, Microsoft Azure, VMware, IoT, Telematics, RPA. Certifications and practical hands-on experience on the same is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Python, Java, Kubernetes. Certification on the same is an added advantage.
- CISA, CISM, CEH certifications are an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of microwave and fiber transmission and access technologies i.e. TDM,SDH plus experience with vendors like Rad.
- Ability to manage/troubleshoot a large service provider transmission and IP network.
- Conversant with IPv4, IPv6 Addressing Schemes, Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM), VLANs, IP QOS, Triple play services.
- Knowledge in ISP services; DNS, SMTP, POP3, RADIUS/PPPoE, Web Hosting,
- Knowledge of data networking and networking protocols in reference to the WAN and LAN environments.
- General knowledge in all layers of data communications, customer applications and associated technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE and Huawei OS.
- Candidate should demonstrate deep and wide knowledge ITIL, Agile, SCRUM, DevNet frameworks and relevant certifications.
- Strong technical analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills, including research of customer issues, issue re-creation, and log file analysis and experience in offering technical support to enterprise customers.
- Strong work ethic capability to influence cross-functional teams and to build trust with team, clients, and internal departments. Capacity to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to understand and communicate highly complex technical issues, commitment to quality.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.