Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Partner sections indirect buyer
Location: Any MSF office*
Contract: Full time. Fixed term, duration 9 months with possibility of extension
starting date: Asap
Deadline to apply: 5 June 2022
MSF is recruiting two positions:
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
In recent years, there has been a significant development in MSF’s medical and operational activities that has been sustained by an upsurge in MSF’s operational budget and complexity. Every year, approximately half of MSF’s budget is spent in procurement (services and goods).
In line with the MSF Organizational Supply Strategy’s (OSS), the MSF Strategic Procurement Program (MSPP) has been launched in order to intensify collaboration between the different MSF entities and streamline the existing MSF procurement set up, in order to achieve optimal operational efficiency by avoiding duplication, waste and operational complexity.
The ultimate goal of the program is to develop and implement a global, common approach to strategic procurement across all entities (OCs, ESCs and PS) at international, regional and national level.
In this context, MSF wants to develop the best procurement practices in all MSF entities and therefore is looking for an indirect buyer to develop them in several Partner Sections that have been identified as a priority.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The indirect buyer will:
- Report hierarchically to the Global Indirect Categories Leader.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the partner sections involved.
- Exchange best practices and experiences with other indirect buyers within MSF.
- Interact with other stakeholder groups within the MSF movement (finance, legal…).
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The overall objective of this position is to develop best procurement practices in the Partner Sections (PS) in order to increase effectiveness, efficiency, quality and accountability on procured goods and services while reducing risks.
- Develop awareness on procurement in the PS’s
- Support PS in developing good procurement practices
- Lead tenders according to partner sections priorities
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop awareness on procurement in the partner sections:
- Communicate to the partner sections on the procurement approach and added values.
- Raise awareness on procurement principles and processes.
- Train and empower key actors within the process.
- Create a network between the PS and the other indirect buyers
2. Support PS in developing good procurement practices:
- Analyze spend and identify strategic suppliers and categories.
- Define with PS management team the priority categories, plan procurement activity and ensure partner sections teams availability.
- Analyze current procurement practices, procedures and tools, propose and develop, based on existing materials, required improvement in order to reach best practices.
3. Lead tenders according to partner sections priorities
- Define, in collaboration with the requesting departments and the other indirect buyers, the best procurement strategy
- Guide the requesting departments in the needs analysis: volumes and technical specifications.
- Guide the requesting departments in the sourcing of potential suppliers.
- Launch the tender and lead the analysis of the offers
- Lead the negotiations with suppliers.
- Participate in selecting the most relevant supplier based on pre-established selection criteria.
- Support the different departments in their relationship with their suppliers if needed (negotiation, dispute etc).
- Bachelor level in Business Management or Supply Chain with Procurement specialization or a combination of relevant education and professional experience.
- 5 years minimum procurement experience, preferred experience with indirect services
- Proven experience in negotiating, contract review, supplier management principles
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, assertiveness and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple priorities at one time
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate independent initiative
- Drive for change, improvement and innovation
- Proficiency in standard office tools including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Fluently spoken and written English
- French is a strong asset
- Knowledge of another language is a plus
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
At MSF, we are committed to an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.