Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Engineer – Radio Access Network Support – (22000289)
We are pleased to announce the Engineer – Radio Access Network Support Position in the Converged Service Operations (CSO) Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Team Manager – Access Network Support, the position holder will be responsible for providing long term solutions and support to Radio Access systems faults and problems, providing second line maintenance support & solving problems escalated from first line maintenance, interfacing with the suppliers of the radio equipment and following up to resolution on escalated faults, performing radio systems upgrades and major network configuration changes and developing tools for quick troubleshooting and corrective maintenance processes. The engineer will be on call 24 hours daily.
- Handle second line fault escalations and maintain high network availability.
- Escalate to vendors persistent network issues and follow up to resolution.
- Manage software upgrades to resolve issues and implement new features.
- Capacity upgrade for all RAN elements and to support regional optimization teams to achieve Network Quality KPIs within set timelines.
- Acceptance of access Network design plans implemented in the regions for all access project rollouts.
- Radio systems quality assurance.
- All regional RAN Controller installations completed & accepted within set timelines.
- Ensure RAN controller availability and performance is within set KPI’s.
- Handle all access configuration projects.
- Maintain access configuration database.
- Post configuration changes trouble shooting.
- Support regional optimization, maintenance and other business teams to deliver the set targets.
- Develop efficient configuration process through automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or a telecommunications biased discipline.
- At least 5 years work experience in Access Network environment.
- Ability and enthusiasm to keep up with new technology developments.
- Good understanding of 2G, 3G & 4G network technologies.
- Demonstrate Design Thinking Methodology in problem solving.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Effective use of collaboration tools.
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of vendors management tools such as U2000 , Netact & IP RAN will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.