Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Principle Engineer-Core Network Support (Fixed Data Services) – (22000287)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Core Network Support Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Core Network Support, the position holders responsibility shall include but is not limited to operation, maintenance, optimization, automation, transformation and implementation of fixed internet services within the Mobile Core, Enterprise Core and FTTx domains.
- Responsible for Design, Operation and optimization of fixed services in the mobile core, enterprise core and FTTx networks.
- Design and optimize predictive maintenance practices and resolving service issues for enterprise and FTTx customers.
- Act as the SPOC to the fixed tribe to offer expertise in the testing and implementation of fixed services.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions in the enterprise and FTTx space;
- Design policies that apply and improve service delivery.
- Design and implement proactive maintenance schedule, predictive monitoring of systems and services.
- Ensuring fixed network resiliency and availability by performing and documenting disaster recovery tests;
- Design and implement automation to realise faster MTTR and reduction of manual routine tasks.
- Working closely with IP, Core Planning and Support teams on new core enterprise and FTTx deployments
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication Engineering, IT or related field;
- Work Experience of 4 years with specialized role in a fast-paced telecommunications/ISP environment –Involved in installations, commissioning and maintenance;
- Technical professional certifications in IP networks, Unix system administration and cloud infrastructure will be an added advantage
- In-depth understanding of IP dynamic routing protocols in Cisco and/or Huawei IP infrastructure.
- Strong scripting skills in bash and python programming.
- Strong relationship building skills
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.