Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Outdoor Education Assistant (Whole School)Molo, Nakuru
St Andrew’s, Turi is seeking to appoint an Outdoor Education Assistant (Whole School) who will work closely with the two Directors of Co-Curricular and the Senior School Head of Outdoor Education to develop the School’s provision of activities that challenge children in different ways.
We aim to appoint a forward-thinking, visionary and inspirational member of staff who would provide the very best in outdoor education to our students. Whilst some prior knowledge and experience is important, we also commit to training this individual so that they can deliver coaching to our students and equip our staff to carry out basic adventure activity.
St Andrew’s Turi is committed to providing a vibrant co-curricular and boarding program to which all staff contribute. The ability to coach an additional sport will be an added advantage.
Working at St Andrew’s Turi is an exciting and dynamic experience. We look to recruit committed and resourceful staff, who are looking to not only develop their skills and leadership capacities, but also embrace new experiences and challenges.
There are some things that are essential to working with us:
- The successful candidate will need to be able to support the School’s aims and Christian ethos.
- Driving forward the vision and mission of Turi to become the leading School in Africa.
- Implementing whole school co-curriculum provision stretching from the youngest children through to Year 13 students.
- Leading activities for both schools during the week, weekends and holidays
- Managing the outdoor resources and areas around School related to the provision of our outdoor education activities including the lagoon, forest, play areas, bike shed, etc.
- Liaise closely with the DCC (Prep) and DCC (Senior School) over whole school outdoor education provision
- Helping grow our outdoor education provision to be world class in both school.
- Coaching Senior and Prep School Staff to support outdoor education activities.
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to create, document and lead outdoor education activities for Prep and Senior School students that develop their character, skills and experience
- In depth understanding of outdoor activities including but not limited to SUP, canoeing, mountain biking, scouting, camping, survival skills, archery, orienteering, and organizing trips.
- Assisting with major annual expeditions, including during school holidays, e.g. Mt Kenya expedition
- Uphold high standards of professional conduct
- Must be a good swimmer and an all rounded outdoor person
- Ability to effectively communicate with parents, students of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to lead, motivate and train a team and maintain effective working relationships
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English and Swahili
- Experience of in coordinating Scouting Programme of the School and the Endeavour Award Scheme
- A proven track record of leading and coordinating the President’s Award Scheme
- Experience in managing outdoor resources and areas around School related to the provision of our outdoor education activities.
- Experience in managing ground staff to ensure facilities are maintained and safe for use
- Ability to order high quality and relevant equipment as required for activities
- Provide the DCCs and Marketing Manager with reports of activities
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Well developed Outdoor Education skills
- Ability to use a range of techniques to train the students and teachers
- Evidence of being able to lead, manage and be responsible for initiatives/developments
- Knowledge of Outdoor Education Curriculum
- Commitment to the safeguarding and protection of children and to the personal development of our students.
- Understanding of the issues surrounding the safeguarding of children and commitment to child welfare and safety
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
Terms and Conditions
There is an overall remuneration package as detailed below:
- Salary: The successful applicant will be placed on the basic Turi Pay Scale.
- Accommodation: suitable rent free accommodation will be provided as a taxable benefit.
- Medical care: all members of staff and their families (below 18 yrs) are covered under an insurance scheme.
- Pension: the School operates a defined contribution pension scheme in which the employer and employee each contribute 6% of the monthly salary.
- Meals: these are provided during term time as a taxable benefit.
- Facilities: extensive recreational facilities are open to use by staff and their families. The onsite Phoenix Club, serving a wide range of food and beverages, acts as a wonderful social hub for the staff community and their families throughout the year.
Hours of work and holiday entitlement
The role is full-time and includes working in the evening, weekends and part of the school holidays as required. The successful applicant will be expected to take a full and active part in the boarding life of the School.
St Andrew’s School, Turi is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will undertake their role and responsibilities in accordance with St Andrew’s School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Guidelines and will be required to undergo all checks relevant to the post.
How To Apply
Please complete and attach the School’s Application Form.
Closing Date for applications: Saturday 3rd June, 2022