Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Endoscopy Nurse, Outreach Clinic Roysambu – (220000UA)
Outreach Clinic Roysambu
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi Outreach Division is a rapidly growing network of 50 medical centers spread over East Africa. These medical centers feature three to five consulting rooms with a practice that is home to qualified medical officers, highly-experienced nurses and constant reception cover. The clinics offer an on-site pharmacy and laboratory as well as radiology and sonography services. There is high expectation from staff to provide high quality professional services
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Supervisor Roysambu Clinic.
- Conduct head to toe assessment before procedure to identify care needs and plan effective nursing interventions to meet those needs
- Ascertain patient readiness for procedure using a checklist i.e. confirms consent, IV access, and Vital signs
- Confirm equipment are clean and in working order before start of the procedure
- Assist the physician during the procedure either as a scrub or circulating nurse
- Administer IV medication and fluids as prescribed
- Monitor patients during procedure, ensuring patient safety, stability and dignity is maintained throughout the procedure
- Provide post procedure care and assesses patient’s readiness for discharge from the unit
- Maintain accurate record of patient’s condition, procedures and medications.
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices, timely safety checks on oxygen source, suction and other equipment used in the unit
- Responsible for safe use of equipment through cleaning, storage, per shift checks of the inventory and timely reporting of non-functional equipment to the Team Leader
- Participate in unit based continuing education and monitoring of identified unit based quality indicators
- Participate in unit based nursing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, clinical care program certification (CCPC), audits, spot checks and skill checks
- Registered Nurse from a recognized school of nursing or University
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum 3 years of clinical nursing experience in an acute care hospital
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge of current practices in Medical-Surgical nursing
How To Apply