Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Design and innovation lead – Living Labs
Make a difference through rapid and creative innovation to increase health worker motivation.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for a design and innovation lead to be part of a fast-paced and iterative human-centered design project to improve delivery of primary health care services.
We are seeking a creative, passionate design and behavior change professional seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. This role will work with other Design and Innovation Leads, the Project Coordinator and the Lead Product Manager on a variety of rapidly-iterative projects focused on co-creating and testing solutions to improve delivery of primary health care services and the outcomes associated with those services. We are looking for someone who is ready to jump in to a fast-paced project and fearlessly share and test ideas.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Provides support and expertise in human centered design along with other functional or skill areas (e.g., behavioral science, business analysis, technical product management, usability engineering, etc.) to projects. Contribute to development of work plans and oversee implementation of projects for the Living Labs scope of work.
- Participates in estimating level of effort, developing budgets, and supporting global project coordinator as needed as part of overall project management.
- Supervise a team of design and innovation specialists assigned in delivery of key project activities
- Develop and adapt HCD tools, templates, processes and practices aligned with local and global protocols. Ensure project staff maintain human subjects research (HSR) and other required training as well as submitting documentation required by institutional review boards and PATH’s Office of Research Affairs (ORA).
- Act as administrative liaison with responsible project managers (RPMs), project administrators (PADMs), and their delegates to ensure that reports and milestones are met for all assigned projects.
- Develop appropriate timelines and project deliverables.
- Works in field coordinating partner activities and manages relations with partners.
- Communicate to partners and stakeholders the product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with the responsible project manager to balance the needs of users and other stakeholders Provide technical support needed to the different projects
- Be involved in planning for field research activities and manages the analysis of data.
- Conduct rapid literature review and compile insights on emerging ideas and solutions
- Support assessment of health worker experience and devise creative solutions to increase their motivation. Encourage ideas and prioritize solutions.
- Ideate, prototype, and test solutions to improve health service delivery and health worker motivation in rapid iteration.
- Put the user first – have deep empathy and understanding of what challenges they face and what inspires them in doing their jobs.
- Diligently, transparently, and in real-time document and share iterations and learnings.
- Collaborate virtually with project leadership and second country team.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions with the most potential for impact.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in human-centered design, behavior change, user experience, design, especially for the health sector.
- Versatile and responsive working virtually with remote teams.
- Ability to engage users through virtual tools
- Comfortable with working openly and transparently, sharing works-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned.
- Creative and curious.
- Voracious learner.
- Passionate about addressing health issues in low-resource settings.
- Receptive to and values open and honest feedback from colleagues and stakeholders.
- Fearless about sharing ideas.
- Independent thinker that takes initiative.
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field such as design, product development, social science is preferred or Bachelors’ degree with significant experience.
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.