Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Core Network Roaming Engineer – (22000299)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Converged Service Operations Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Core Network Roaming the position holders’ responsibilities shall be to:
- To provide second line maintenance support and solving more complex problems in roaming escalated from first line teams.
- On callout for 24 hours daily
- Provide second line maintenance support & solving more complex problems in ROAMING escalated from first line teams.
- Quality of Service Management through tracking and trending of Roaming service KPIs and initiating corrective actions on any deviations
- Develop tools for automation and speed up the maintenance process.
- Perform system upgrades and major reconfiguration
- Escalate issues and problems to roaming partners, IPX/GRX carriers, voice carriers and other vendors and follow up
- Coordinate IREG Activities with other operators’ IREG/Network Engineers, schedule and perform the tests
- Analysis of all roaming NE logs and routine maintenance tasks.
- Roaming Database audit on the network elements.
- Clearance of faults from 1st Line maintenance team Escalated to Core Network Support.
- All roaming Network elements & new Technologies.
Execution of Change Requests
- Configuration changes on Network elements, hardware and software configuration changes and upgrades
- Perform International Roaming Expert Group (IREG) testing
- Support Roaming partners in performing IREG tests
- Degree in Telecoms engineering/electrical & electronics engineering/IT.
- 5 years working experience in Telecommunications with at least 2 years’ experience in GSM core environment
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.