Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Principal Engineer – Transport and IP Support – (22000302)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Converged Network Support Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Converged Network Support the position holders’ responsibilities shall be to Provide leadership in fault resolution, configuration changes, quality assurance and system improvement to deliver reliable and quality transport network & IP domain.
- Follow up to ensure all issues escalated to equipment or service providers are resolved within SLA.
- Ensure all tickets are resolved and updated in remedy within the agreed OLA
- Escalation level for major/critical failures within the network
- Formulate Fault management procedures and maintain known issue DB
- Organize supplier monthly operations review meetings to ensure the adherence of SLA and contract
- Management of Support conts and ensure adheherence to
- Participate in Quarterly evaluation and review of transport and IP services suppliers
- Participate in contract negotiation
- Recommend optimization to improve resiliency in the IPRAN and IP Core dormains
- Participate in the formulation of high and low level designs of new transport systems (HLD&LLD) in the Optical network, IPRAN and IP core domains
- Follow up with equipment vendors to provide hardware and software road maps and advice the business on the implementation
- Recommend future proof network solutions
- Conduct tests and recommend route optimization configurations in the IP core
- Approve / reject transport & IP network changes
- Coordinate changes in the transport & IP network
- Ensue all the changes, designs and transport changes are implemented on time and with 100% accuracy
- Develop and update acceptance, change, access, software upgrade and Disaster recovery and processes and procedures for the transport & IP network
- Ensure all the BCP results are updated on the sharepoint
- Organize, supervise and document transport disaster recovery
- Ensure all service protection mechanisms are in place
- Make a Schedule BCP tests to ensure end to end redundancy for both IPRAN (RSG) and IPCORE
- Ensure all transport network elements are well synchronized and receive right clock and that the network clock is transmitting the good clock
Track the network spare availability
- Recommend equipment/ technology that has contribute to lower NOPEX and TCO
- Conduct POC tests for new technologies before they are introduced to the network
- Remove configuration and power down old legacy equipment to save on space and power
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication Engineering, IT or related field;
- Work Experience of 4 years in transmission domain in a fast-paced telecommunications environment –Involved in installations /commissioning and maintenance;
- Technical professional certifications in the IP domain will be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding and experience of IP network and Support life cycle.
- Good understanding of service configurations and deployment in transport and IP domain
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Experience troubleshooting of Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) and Routing systems.
- Strong relationship building skills.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.