Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SOS Children’s Villages in Kenya implements programmes in five (5) of Kenya’s 47 Counties namely Nairobi, Mombasa, Uasin Gishu, Kisumu and Meru. We seek to recruit suitably a qualified person to fill the position of Communications Officer (1) National Office.
COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER – 1 POSITION (NATIONAL OFFICE)
Reporting to: Fund Development & Communication Manager
Fund Development & Communication Manager, ND Existing and future donors
Mission of the position:
Lead and guide in implementation of Communications and Branding Strategy to promote SOS CV, support advocacy, programme and fundraising teams
Develop and maintain professional contacts with key print and broadcast media nationally and proactively facilitate media coverage of SOS CV’s successes
Work with SOS Children’s Villages Kenya facilities staff to supply factual stories, photographs and video to local, national and international media and other outlets in a timely, proactive and professional manner
Support in the development of high quality, well researched, and well written communications and media products (e.g., annual reports, newsletters, success stories, tweets, blog and Facebook post, brochures, posters, banners, press releases, speeches, etc.)
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Maintain social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) for the MA; Proactively manage the generation and posting of content on the sites; Design and implement strategies to increase the number of followers at each site.
- Regularly and proactively document best practices and lessons learned from program implementations, package them into communications materials and disseminate to the right audiences,
- In liason with facility heads, produce news and feature stories, publicity materials, press releases, photographs, videos, partnership marketing resources and other strategic and targeted communications as required.
- Design and desk top publishing of SOS Children’s Villages Kenya fact sheets, reports, brochures and newsletters.
- Research and produce internal and external communication content for the organization and SOS Kinderdorf global communications as required for various purposes
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public relations and any related course
- Must be computer literate.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Communications
- Well-developed communication and report writing
Child Protection Policy
At all times, avoid actions or behaviour that could be construed as poor or potentially abusive practice.
Whatever decisions and actions taken should be with the best interest of the child in mind.
Data Protection Policy
At all times ensure that personal data of donors, sponsors, SOS Children’s Villages Kenya beneficiaries and their families as well as co-workers is handled confidentially and in accordance with prevailing SOS-Kinderdorf International data protection laws.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send a Cover Letter & updated CV in PDF with details of 3 traceable referees one of which must be immediate former employer to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager to reach us on or before 1st June 2022.
Please specify on the position interested in as subject of your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
SOS Children’s Villages holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children’s Villages is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.