Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Information Technology Manager
Reports To: Information Technology Coordinator
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Administration, Information Technology
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Grade Level: Grade 8, Manager, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring daily effective, efficient and secure operation of all ICT systems within CWS Africa; managing systems, network and IT support related activities at the IT hub in the Nairobi Office. The position requires flexibility, innovation, initiative, good communication and interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with different types of systems and more importantly, different types of people.
This position directly supervises the Technical and IT Support supervisors
- Achieves and maintains thorough knowledge and adherence to established CWS Africa, CWS/IRP, DOS/PRM and USCIS policies and procedures regarding information systems management for CWS Africa.
- Supervises the Technical and IT Support Supervisors through planning, monitoring tasks and oversight to ensure that effective and efficient support is provided to all systems and users.
- Provides support to the sub offices IT staff on technical matters.
- Manages the day-to-day running, maintenance, administration and development of IT facilities at CWS Africa IT hub in the Nairobi Office.
- Maintains the security and the integrity of the organization’s Information System, including while not exhaustive; the network and communication infrastructure (LAN, WLAN and WAN networks), backup procedures, intrusion prevention and detection systems and incident response procedures and ensures that all IT systems are up to date and that any necessary upgrades are applied on in a timely manner
- Works with RPC and IT staff at the CWS headquarters (as necessary) on troubleshooting, implementation of new technologies among other arising IT tasks.
- Ensures that IT staff provides first line, high quality IT support to CWS Africa staff and that the IT policies and procedures on usage and handling of organization’s IT facilities are enforced, both in the offices, home and in the field.
- Provides technical input and recommendations to the IT coordinator on all computer hardware, software and related procurement.
- Works closely with IT Coordinator to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Ensures ICT projects completion by coordinating resources and timetables with end users or project requestors.
- Enforces written policies and standards/procedures regarding all ICT systems and infrastructures throughout the CWS Africa offices.
- Ensure there is adequate disaster mitigation strategies are in place and that there is complete backup of all Information Systems to ensure continuity in case of a failure or a disaster, including testing and providing reports per the existing policies.
- Coordinating with the Property Manager to ensure that all CWS Africa ICT equipment/assets are properly managed, inventoried, checked, maintained, kept in good working condition and that there is sufficient supply for use all the time (stock management).
- Handles multiple project responsibilities simultaneously, prioritizes work and resolves escalated requests from the IT service desk and technical emergencies as they may occur.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned to enhance the effectiveness and integrity of CWS Africa ICT systems for the benefit of the refugee processing program
- 8 years of work experience in an IT related field including 3 years of direct supervisory experience required
- Four years’ experience in managing computer networks, preferably Windows based networks preferred
- Experience leading IT staff and activities in an IT environment
- Experience in managing a team and major IT projects is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge in networking (LAN, WAN and VPN), especially with Cisco managed devices (Firewalls, Routers, and switches)
- Strong knowledge and experience in Office 365 administration
- Strong knowledge and skills in Active directory and Windows server 2016 administration
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft and computer licensing requirements
- Excellent IT projects management skills
- Strong knowledge of using and managing IT Helpdesk systems
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and willingness to constantly renew required knowledge
- Knowledge and working experience with administration of database systems, especially MS SQL Server
- Strong knowledge in VMWare – virtualization technology
- Strong knowledge in data leak, loss, and encryption methods (McAfee or any other)
- Strong, up-to-date knowledge in systems security management in a large network environment
- Knowledge in Intrusion prevention and detection systems (Cisco Firepower or any other)
- Knowledge in software development languages and software design is a plus
- Knowledge in Linux Servers administration is a plus
- Work and make decisions independently and contribute to overall operations at management levels
- Exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the field;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
- Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Be flexible with changing of daily duties as needed.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field is required
- Other advanced professional training in IT related field is required
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
- This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Driver’s License Type (XX) required/Or Remove
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Any other special requirements