Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Awareness Against Human Trafficking (HAART), is a non-governmental organization based in Nairobi and dedicated to fighting human trafficking in Eastern Africa. HAART works through a multi-disciplinary approach applying the UN Four P’s Strategy to combat trafficking in persons: Prevention, Protection, Prosecution, Policy and Partnership. HAART is one of the key counter-trafficking organizations in Kenya addressing the issue of human trafficking by supporting the people most affected by it and also developing best practices in the movement.
HAART Kenya is currently recruiting for the position of Accountant. This assignment will contribute to the fnance and administration departmental strategic goal 2021-2025 .Specifically, the finance department is responsible for planning, leading and monitoring the finance activities. This includes financial operations, business engagement with stakeholders and finance systems roles. It has the responsibility to develop and implement effective and efficient financial policies, processes and practices to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of HAART.
JOB PURPOSE: Under the supervision of the Team Lead Finance and Administration (TLF), the Accountant ensures that HAART KENYA maintains a high standard of accounting and financial control
.This includes ensuring that the payments are handled correctly on time and accurately posted to the respective ledger on a daily basis in full adherence to double entry principle. Other duties include: Bank Reconciliation and cash flow projection, preparing Supplier payment runs, payroll processing & statutory compliance, account receivable management and asset management.
Contract Duration: 12 months
Position: Full time
Starting time: Immediately
Working Hours: 40 hours in a week
Closing Date for Applications: 10th June 2022 EAT
Salary: 60,000 to 80,000 Kes gross per month
The Accountant will report to the Team Lead Finance & Administration
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly fnancial reports for donors, management, and program department
- Process all income requests to respective donors and ensure that they are properly supported and comply with disbursement schedule in line with funding agreements
- Handling payment related inquiries from both Suppliers and internal departments
- Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to – daily
- Process transactions into an online banking system and maintain a proper trail of records
- Responsible for all aspects of purchase ledger and payments
- Ensure payments are adequately supported and properly approved, weekly following up receipts or payments that require further investigation
- Monitoring and processing all expenses claims and ensuring that the relevant approvals are obtained and process all payments – as required
- Monitoring payments and expenses to staf and reconcile any outstanding monies & foats
- Reconciling credit cards, including ensuring that all credit card returns are appropriately authorized – monthly
- Posting and reconciliation of expenditure in Quick books-Daily
- Working with the Procurement Team to action fully approved payments
- Monitoring and ensuring accountability documents are complete and authentic
- Managing balance for control accounts
- Responsible for all aspects of Bank and Cash maintenance, including but not limited to:
- Reconciling HAART Bank Accounts monthly
- Monitoring balances on bank accounts on a daily basis to ensure sufcient balances to cover anticipated requirements and Finance and Administration Team Lead to surplus or low levels of funds
- Ensure timely payment of taxes and other statutory obligation ie NHIF, NSSF monthly and or any tax related issue
- Review of VAT control account and preparation of VAT journal monthly
- Ensure that all assets are correctly tagged and updates fxed asset register annually and support annual audit
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations for all departments to ensure accuracy of expenditure reports
- Ensure appropriate/ chronological fling of fnance-related documentation based on our guidelines
Essential criteria & qualification:
- University Bachelor degree in Finance and or related course from recognized university.
- Appropriate accounting qualifcation supported by membership of a relevant professional body (eg. Chartered or Certifed Accounting body) – either AAT or 3 years + experience of a similar role
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time efectively.
- Excellent communication skills with a high standard of spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Willingness to continually improve technical and analytical competencies
- Ability and willingness to embrace HAART values.
All our staff are expected to strive for excellence, collaborate and communicate while ensuring full commitment to integrity.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
At HAART we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Qualified candidates are invited to send one PDF of their cover letter, CV, contact information for 3 references and salary expectations to email@example.com using “ACCOUNTANT” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed and short-listed candidates contacted. Visit https://haartkenya.org/job-openings/ for an updated version of the application.
No Fee Charged
HAART does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training).