Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya is the place for those looking for new horizons.
Reporting to the Head – Business Performance & Budgeting, this role is mandated to manage revenue assurance activities across the business to continuously identify and mitigate financial risks within revenues, margins and cash flows while identifying and delivering opportunities and solutions to improve performance. This role will involve the use of Information systems and will focus on the technical and business aspects of revenue assurance and will maintain an end-to-end view of all customers related revenue processes across the bank and assess/mitigate risk in this area.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Import, clean, transform, validate, or model data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision-making purposes through Continuous Audit and Continuous Controls Monitoring, Exception reporting, Business Intelligence, Spend Analytics, Wastage Analytics, Dashboarding using Interactive Data Exploration & Analysis (IDEA) software, CaseWare Monitor, Excel, SQL, Qlik.
- Analyze data analysis requests obtained from management to determine operational problems define data modeling requirements, gather, and validate information, apply judgment and statistical tests and develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
- Provide analytical thought leadership and analyze large pools of data to discover trends, patterns, or correlations that will solve business problems and create opportunities of maximizing profitability and ensuring high-quality business analytics.
- Ensure innovative and interactive utilization of appropriate analytical and risk management concepts to ensure an independent and objective assurance of the effectiveness of the internal control environment.
- Identify opportunities to use data to develop new strategies and improve business performance and utilize knowledge of mathematical modeling and other optimization methods to perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Perform diagnostic reviews on the revenue assurance processes by identifying and eliminating potential revenue leakage areas by way of providing an end-to-end reconciliation of the various revenue lines.
- Utilize techniques for independent checks on the accuracy and completeness of data for revenue assurance adequacy.
- Drive a culture of operational revenue assurance across the business from product creation to revenue analysis, engaging and influencing all stakeholders who impact or are impacted by the revenue process.
- Undertake platform integrity assurance to identify all problems in the revenue recognition chain, enabling the subsequent correction and prevention of the causes by making leakage and losses visible so they can be consequently controlled.
- Map and implement control routines for all revenue affecting activities including discounts, adjustments, and promotions as well as lead efforts to develop policies and procedures that streamline revenue assurance processes.
- Assess all risk impacts and implement effective controls into new and existing products, promotions, and services.
- Lead the revenue assurance team to deliver high-quality, timely and robust assurance activities, including monitoring, assessing, and auditing across the bank’s products and technology solutions.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related quantitative analytical field.
- In-depth knowledge of banking industry technology and data landscape with proven experience in a similar position in a complex organizational set up e.g., financial services, telecoms, insurance.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis; data modeling; developing reports; Teradata or similar relational database tool; SQL, SAS, or UNIX programming to formulate mathematical or simulation models as well as professional accounting qualification such as CPA (K) or its equivalent.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team to deliver multiple and complex results, build effective relationships internally and externally to accomplish team goals and improve revenue assurance, prioritize tasks, work with schedules, and manage resources while remaining focused on key goals & deal effectively with differences of opinion and conflict management.
- Can impact and influence at a senior level and execute complex analysis and formulate methodologies that cover key technical revenue leakage drivers.
How to apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career, then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number RAM/FSD/2022 by 13th June 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer.