Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BUSINESS ANALYSTS: AGRIBIZ PROGRAMME
Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) was launched in 2012. It has been a World Bank’s infoDev initiative and is among a global network of Climate Innovation Centers launched by infoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP). From 2016 to 2020, KCIC has been scaling up and admitting more clients.
KCIC has transitioned towards providing more inclusive and sustainable services since its inception and has been instrumental in impacting the climate change sector positively. SMEs and MSMEs have benefitted from KCICs technical and financial support which has resulted in the development of innovative solutions to address the negative impacts of climate change.
KCIC is implementing an Agribiz program that seeks to be a catalyst and enabler towards greater involvement of women and youth in agricultural and livestock value chains. The primary focus of the program is to provide a range of services needed for 2,400 women and youth owned early-stage agribusiness enterprises as well as Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The program aims to accomplish this through the eight (8) established Business Incubation Hubs (BIHs) across 8 Counties in the Republic of Kenya in Kilifi, Isiolo, Meru, Machakos, Uasin Gishu, Bungoma, Kisii and Kiambu.
Through the Business Incubation Hubs, the program focuses on delivery of four (4) services which constitute its core activities thus; (i), access to services and facilities; (ii), access to finance; (iii), business advisory and technical assistance, and (iv), access to information. Other general activities include awareness creation and the pursuit of an enabling environment for greater involvement of women and youth in agribusiness.
KCIC is recruiting one (1) Business Analysts to be based in our Bungoma Office. The Analyst will help KCIC to identify and grow women and youth led agri-preneurs served by the Bungoma BIH.
The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting entrepreneurs (KCIC clients) to become bankable/investor ready by providing client tailored technical assistance and support to Start-ups, SMEs and Community Based Organizations through business advisory services, organizing business trainings, coaching clients and linking clients to financiers, markets and relevant resources.
- Support clients to access concessionary/commercial financing (grants, debt, equity) negotiate and structure financing;
- Support the implementation of business plans to facilitate monitoring and evaluation based on expected results;
- Develop networks in the regional finance and investment community, as well with relevant advisors supporting access finance for agribusiness enterprises;
- Provide business advisory and financial analysis support to clients in the context of supporting agribusinesses;
- Analyze and evaluate programme requirements for alignment to client’s strategy and the prevailing economic and technological advances through conducting client baseline/assessments;
- Nurture the client’s business through market feasibility studies, product development, customer acquisition and revenue generation support;
- Identify business training needs for clients and develop user friendly and practical training modules to close the identified needs;
- Identify mentoring and coaching areas for the clients and link them with the correct mentors to aid in their business growth;
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s degree in business related courses.
- Professional qualifications in CPA, ACCA and CFA desired.
- Over 3 years’ experience in business development services, strategic or management consulting, or in providing technical business assistance ideally working with startup, early stage entrepreneurs, Community Based Organizations, and Self Help `groups.
- Experience in the critical analysis of a business, investment plans and financial statements;
- Experience working with the agribusiness sector is an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of professionals.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change;
- Ability to solve problems and make critical decisions;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up-to-date CV with their contact details, copies of academic and professional certificates, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications Friday, 10th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer