Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Mechanic/Driver KeMU/HR/OP/4/5/2022-GRADE 8, 1 post (Main Campus)
Reporting to the Assistant Registrar Administration Planning and development, the mechanic/driver will carry out the functions below;
- Prepare vehicles/equipment for use by inspecting and testing them, completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintain vehicles in functional conditions by repairing and servicing them in timely manner.
- Preparing daily and monthly motor vehicle defects and repair reports.
- Informing supervisors of each vehicle requirements in terms of service or maintenance in advance.
- Operating job cards for diagnosis of vehicle repair status and recording for reference.
- Recording service and repairs while ensuring they are signed before handing over the documents to supervisor.
- Identify spare parts required for repair, raising requisitions and ordering of required spare parts.
- Ensuring proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicles cooling and oil systems, electrical system, tire pressure, brakes etc.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems in time
- Maintaining work tickets for vehicles assigned and its Cleanliness
- Driving the vehicle as authorized
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road
- Ensuring safety of passengers and/or goods therein in his vehicle
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive/Plant) from a recognized institution with at least three (3) years’ experience in a comparable position in a reputable organization
- A valid PSV and a driving license Class B, C, E free from any endorsement and valid for all ranges and types of vehicles which the candidate is required to drive.
- Have a certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police Department.
- Computer literacy
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and any other relevant testimonials.
An electronic copy in PDF format to the Vice Chancellor through email address email@example.com
Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P.O. Box 267 – 60200
To be received on or before 10th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring the following:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.