Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MASOL COMMUNITY CONSERVANCY MANAGER
Masol Community Conservancy is one of the 43 member conservancies under the umbrella organization of The Northern Rangelands Trust (NRT) a non-profit umbrella organization that supports 43-member Community Conservancies across northern and coastal Kenya with fundraising, technical support, governance advice and training, and security; www.nrt-kenya.org.
Purpose of the position:
Reporting to the Conservancy Board and with a close working relationship with the NRT team, County government and other development partners the Conservancy Manager will be responsible for both strategic and operational support to the conservancy community. The Manager will be responsible for managing the conservancy and developing it to a self-sustaining model that integrates wildlife conservation, environmental conservation, community enterprises and contributes to improvement of the community livelihoods.
- Overseeing all conservancy activities such as wildlife conservation, livestock programs, and other community development programs.
- Managing community relations, to ensure long-term self-sustainability, strong conservation and benefits to communities
- Developing appropriate attitudes to working with all staff and stakeholders and building community ownership
- Managing, training and mentoring conservancy staff and appraising their performance to ensure motivation and high productivity
- Oversee management of all conservancy budgets, expenses and revenue, ensure clear record keeping, accurate budgeting and compliance with NRT and donor financial procedures.
- Planning and implementing efficient operating procedures for the Conservancy
- Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of financial and other resources of the organization
- Preparing project proposals and reports to donor individuals and organizations for funding
- Manage all conservancy logistics to ensure compliance with conservancy regulations and efficiencies
- Maintain conservancy assets at serviceable level
- Undertake capacity building of the various conservancy committees
- Supporting infrastructure development and ensuring community ownership
- Enhancing conservancy visibility
- Peace building initiatives
- Liaison with the conservancy partners
- Ensure transparent benefit sharing amongst the community
- Ensure public participation in all conservancy development projects
- Support and strengthen the community traditional grazing practices in order to build resilience.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Conservation, Natural Resource Management, Rangelands Management or Community Development.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems effectively
- A strong drive for results with demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of team; to work with a diversity of stakeholders and communities; and to effectively coordinate, lead and motivate a multidisciplinary staff.
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated commitment to wildlife conservation and natural resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in remote areas, in cross-cultural situations, with diverse economic and professional background.
- Excellent verbal and written communications (English and Kiswahili)
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power point and E-mail.
- A firm understanding of pastoralist customary livestock practices and community engagement processes.
If your profile matches the above job specifications, please send your application including a detailed CV highlighting relevant experiences, attaching academic credentials and including daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us on or before 5:00pm on Wednesday, 8th June, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org copying (cc)
email@example.com and should be addressed to:
THE BOARD CHAIRMAN MASOL
P.O. BOX 690 – 30600, KAPENGURIA.
Qualified applicants drawn from the membership of Masol community will have a distinct advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.