Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Save the Children International Kenya Country Office, has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Driver. The role holder will be responsible for safe driving of vehicles and staff for Save the Children Kenya programme. He/ She should ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness of vehicles in compliance with safe driving standards. Ensure the vehicle has enough fuel in time for trips and carry out proper management of fuel supply for the assigned vehicle in accordance with SCI policies and procedures .In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration: 6 Months (Humanitarian)
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Nationality: Kenya National only
Qualification and Experience
- Literacy and numeracy skills of “ O “ level education
- A clean driving licence minimum class BCE
- Ability to multi task and work calmly under pressure is essential for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in an insecure environment is critical
- Some practical experience of user vehicle maintenance.
- Those with defensive driving skills, first aid training will have an added advantage.
- Recommended minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of professional driving experience in an NGO or similar environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Similar skills in Kiswahili and other local languages an advantage
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Direct experience in the geographical area of intervention of Save the Children.
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Closing Date: 5 Jun 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.